Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Win-Win Scenario


Hand-me-downs rock. Especially when they're barely worn hand-me-downs from your 11-year old daughter! Yes, it's official. Barrett has surpassed my size 7.5 foot and is well into an 8.5 now. Her feet have been growing like weeds over the past year. She's hoping her height growth spurt will kick in too (she wants to be tall just like I always did. I always thought it would be awesome to be 5'10" or taller, especially because I love to play volleyball where height is definitely an advantage). Not that she has much hope of inheriting any tall genes from Ryan and I, but she can dream. Maybe the tallness skips a generation.

So lucky me. I inherited a couple of super cute pairs of almost-new sandals and my sweet Barrett won't be able to take over my shoe collection! I call that a win-win.

(Don't spoil it and tell me that I just have to go out and buy her more shoes now. I already know. But that just might give us girls an excuse to go shopping again. He he he...Forget the win-win. This could be a trifecta in the making...)

3 comments:

  1. Those are cute shoes, having a reason to go shoe shopping is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky, those shoes are pretty dang cute. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney, Kiersten, Jenny and I are all 8.5. You should see us on Sunday mornings some weeks. Young girls are hard on shoes, so I wouldn't be too disappointed not to share :)

    ReplyDelete