Friday, January 21, 2011

I am happy


I put away the groceries, cleaned up lunch, and just rotated the laundry. Still need to put the clean sheets back on the bunk beds (not my favorite chore), but I have exactly 15 minutes until the Friday afternoon kid-fest begins. Since it's our only no-homework, no music lesson, no sports practice afternoon, all the kids will want to play with a friend. I'll give it about 2 minutes from the time they walk in before I hear it. "Mom, can I play with a friend?"

Today the answer will be a simple yes. The errands are done, the house is in good shape. I'm in a really good mood :)

I am happy today. It's only 2:12, and I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I'm looking forward to date night tonight. Not sure what we're gonna do, but any date with Ryan is a good one.

This morning I had a little "me" time. Ryan left early to go stay with his dad today (he's home from the hospital but still having a lot of issues with low blood pressure and dizziness/vertigo, so he needs someone around).

So I got the three girls to the bus, then came home and finished getting myself and Easton ready, then took him to the bus, then headed out early to make the most of my 3 1/4 hours alone...

After I finished my temple session, I still had an hour left before the kindergarten bus arrived, so I indulged and went to the nail salon. It seems like I rarely ever have an hour unspoken for, so it was a real treat. I've been thinking about getting my french nails put back on for a while now (they've been off for a year and a half and I kinda miss them. Ryan misses them a lot :) But I haven't been able to find a free hour in the last month. Then last week Ryan made some funny comment about how one of my goals for 2011 should be to get my nails done again, so I took it as a sign...

And I just have to say that my hands look beautiful. I know that's not at all humble to say out loud, but I LOVE THEM! My french nails are click-click-clickin away on the keyboard right now and I'm smiling all alone upstairs at my computer. Easton is out in the side yard with his tub of sand, a box, a handful of broken sticks and a bucket of rocks. He's the happiest kid on the planet right now.

OK, 2 minutes till the girls walk in. Better wrap it up.

The other reason I'm so happy is that I finally made it to Fresh and Easy. I know, I know, it's just a store, but really...I've missed it so much. I was spoiled for two years having one just around the corner from my house. When it went out of business last fall I almost cried. It's my all-time favorite grocery store. I finally depleted my huge stock of Fresh & Easy salsa and black beans that I stockpiled before my store closed its doors, and I've long since run out of my favorite fiesta corn chips, garlic tandoori naan bread, fresh squeezed OJ, ultimate cottage cheese, braided wheat pretzels and many other F&E delicacies I came to rely on. I don't know what took me so long, but I finally googled my favorite store and found out that they still had one open about 7 miles away (Recker & Brown). HoOOoooray!

So I gave the green chain my $98.03 today and came home with two cases of black beans, six jars of roasted chipotle tomato salsa, and a cart full of other gems. Ya, I know, it's the small things that make me happy.

Time's up. They're a minute late. Must be walking home slowly enjoying this amazing January weather. It's 70-something degrees outside and just too irresistible. I think I'll go shoot some hoops with Afty to get her warmed up for her first game tomorrow!

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment