Sunday, January 30, 2011

London's Run 2011

Chalk up another good race day. We spent yesterday morning out at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek running London's Run together. Super duper cold until the sun came up, then it was just plain beautiful weather.


We had a pretty good showing from the running cousins crew. From left: Tara, Shari, Ashley, Austin, Michael, Me & Ryan. I am sure it was a little emotional for the Emelity's running that race benefiting cancer survivors as their sweet dad, my awesome Uncle Mick, passed away from his cancer in 2009. It was so good spending yesterday morning with them, running for a great cause.


Our good friend, Richard Garner, whom I've worked with for sixteen years, and my other good friend and coworker, Robyn Thompson, who just started running a couple of months ago, were both there at the race too. We talk running "shop" at the office many mornings when we all get into work. It's been a fun hobby to share.


We tried to recruit a couple others to run with us too, but so far, no other takers. This was Robyn's first race ever and Richard's second race. Richard beat everyone in our group by a couple of minutes. He had his game on! We were 8 seconds apart at the Turkey Trot, but I was not feeling the juice yesterday. Even though I really had a great time being out there with so many friends and family, that was one of my hardest races ever. I was wheezing so bad with all the bermuda grass and farm dust, and I just felt like I wanted to stop so many times along the course. My time was still pretty decent. 51:10 (8:15 pace), but no personal records being set yesterday. That's OK, though. Every race can't be a PR race. I was just happy to be there and just grateful to run!


I'm so glad that my hot hubby runs too! Just one more thing we get to do together!

Shari, Michael, Me & Ry post-race. Good times for sure! Michael knew a bunch of people at the race - all fellow Mesa officers - since London Solomon's dad, Warren, is also a Mesa officer.

So now I'm trying to decide what's next. Kick it into high gear and get ready for half marathon in early March? Or maybe...I'm thinking of doing P90X in full force again, or maybe Shalene Extreme (another Beach Body work out series). I need something to get all my mid-section parts back to firmness. I've gone soft...and it's not so pretty. And swimsuit season is coming up all too soon. And you never know when we'll sneak in an impromptu Mexico trip...a girl's gotta be ready, you know :) Maybe a good mix of a couple days of running each week and 3 days of strength training to tone. Today is good day to recommit. It's Sunday - my day of rest - and I plan to do just that.

LIVE STRONG!

1 comment:

  1. I need an inspirational post about running, or some kind of motivational seminar. I am back to hating it, and here I am, heading up the training for our 5 older peeps for one of my favorite causes - Pat's Run. I haven't run in almost a year. Where did 2010 go? Seriously, help.

    ReplyDelete