Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday

Day 3 on the antibiotic and my chest is still on fire. Pneumonia? Last night Ryan was feeling tired from his long run, and I told him I wish I felt tired from a long run. He laughed. I joked with him that I feel like I'm a chain smoker or something. I was fully winded after walking up half my staircase and had to pause for breathe on the landing. Pathetic, I know. But sadly, all true. The head cold part seems to be marginally better, though, so there is hope.

My big outing today was walking down the street to pick Easton up from the bus. And it was oh so beautiful out. I totally needed the fresh air and the exercise (if you can call it that).

I was only going to have a 2-day work week to begin with since Monday was a holiday, but it turned out to be a 0-day work week. Lots of catch up next week I fear.

Still, I have so much to be grateful for. I just read my SIL, Shari's, blog post about her sweet Tate and his inability to communicate and I bawled my eyes out. She is truly an amazing mom and doing all she can to help her little guy. I hope he has a breakthrough with his speech sometime very soon.

My two youngers are cracking me up right now. It's just the two of them home with me this evening and they have been running laps around the downstairs for about 15 minutes now. I can't believe they are still going. Normally, I would have run out of patience by now and asked them to stop, but really, they're not even bugging me so I just let them run. Funny. It's good to see them giggling their heads off. I guess there's something pretty hilarious in the kid world about running indoor laps. Maybe I should try it. But not today - surely I'd pass out after one loop around the pool table.

Ryan took the two olders for a few hours to tackle the marathon night of softball to basketball, back to softball then to junior high open house. Holy cow...Barrett is going to junior high. I had planned to do it, and was kinda looking forward to being out with the girls for all that actually, but that's OK. I think Ry will squeeze in a run around the track while he waits and hopefully spend some time out on the field with the girls too.

So life keeps moving, and we are keeping busy as always in spite of our less than stellar health. Yesterday we finished Easton's kindergarten science experiment (a cool balloon hovercraft thing I found on the internet), albeit two days late since we totally forgot about it. He had a blast doing it. Rowan's finally getting her 14, 15 and 16 subtraction facts down (after a zillion flash cards), but still hates it. It's hard to see one of my kids not loving the math. Afty finally found the love of reading, and is on Harry Potter book 4 now. She's totally loving the hoops and is now double booked for a couple weeks with softball starting too. Barrett is Miss Social and still excelling at everything and really enjoying softball starting too.

Well, I've been fending off the requests for dinner from the two youngers for about 30 minutes now (to say my motivation is lacking would be an understatement), and I think they are losing faith that I'll ever feed them again. They just came downstairs and brought me a hand drawn map leading to the Brown house cafeteria (i.e. the kitchen) with a plea for food. Hint taken.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your sickness. Sounds like I had the same thing. It really knocked me out for awhile.

    Let me know how things go with the fam.

    ReplyDelete