Monday, June 13, 2011

Les Miserables



One devilishly handsome date + dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings in Tempe + 2 tickets to Les Miserables = one very, very fun Friday night!


Ryan and I really enjoyed the show. We had good seats on row 23 on the lower level and the production was just amazing. Ryan had seen it once before in Los Angeles when he was vacationing with the Alder family back in his high school days. He's always loved it and was really excited for us to go together. We've only had our tix for about six months :) I've listened to the soundtrack here and there over the years as well, so it was awesome to finally be able to put the music in context with the script.


Now I need to add one of the ticket stubs to our shadow box collage in the pool table room. We've got the collection going of most of the shows and concerts and cool events we've attended together over the years. Every now and again when I'm dusting the frames (which I don't do often enough - I hate dusting), I take an extra minute or two to walk down memory lane as I look at those ticket stubs and remember so many fun times together. I think my next memory project might be a collage of our race bibs on the wall in the home office....I've been thinking about doing that for a while now. Not sure I still have them all, but I know I have some of them. Maybe if we keep it up, we can collect enough for a full border print all the way around the room...he, he, he...that's a lot of running...

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT IDEA KELLI!!! I'LL WANT TO SEE THAT WORK IN PROGRESS...IT WILL NEVER BE DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went a few years ago with my mom and was blown away by the music. I have always been a Les Mis fan but there is something so magical at Gammage to hear it be preformed live. It's def a goal to see a Broadway play in New York. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete