Friday, December 2, 2011

The Trot Tradition

Can you think of any better way to kick off Thanksgiving?


Man, I love these guys.  Love them so much!  I am truly grateful to be their mama and grateful for so many things this season.  We're a week past Turkey day now and full on into Christmas season, but still, I am thinking a lot lately about all my blessings and all the things I have to be grateful for.  My health, my family, my faith, my freedoms, and my job are my biggies of course, and I thank heaven every day for those.  But there are so many other things I have to be grateful for, and I hope I am always able to recognize those special gifts.

Last week, I was thrilled that my girls again participated in the annual Turkey Trot.  They did the 1-mile fun run and ran strong.  Next year they'll train and do the 2-miler I hope, and someday soon, I will be blessed to have them run right along side me in the longer races.

Here are the girls at the start line with a couple of their friends.

Barrett and Mackayln Cowley just after the starting horn went off.  

Post-race at the finish line.  Way to go, girls!

My good husband got a nice shot at the finish this race.  Thanks, babe.  I had my best 10k race ever by about 30 seconds.  Final chip time was 48:33 (7:50 pace) and I was happy about that for sure.


Just goofin' off with Afty Cakes after the race


One of the great things about the Turkey Trot is that you run into so many friends and people you know.  I love that.  This is Ry with his best friend, Ryan Alder, post-race.

The Mesa Browns

With fellow friends and runners, Ryan Alder, and Richard, Amy & Kourtney Garner

The Goodman Cousin tribe post-race, with our lightning fast leader, Willie, who not only beat the turkey, but ran like the wind and took 3rd in his age group (M25-29).   Way to blaze, Willie.  You are amazing!  Someday I might get fast enough to at least eat your dust!  

I'm already looking forward to The Trot 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment