Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's Great 2 B 8!

Sometimes you blink and wonder where the time went.  This is one of those times.


The memories of this little spice of life girl coming into our world still seem so fresh to me.  My remembrances are vivid.  I can still feel her breathing on my next as she laid ever so still on my chest in the NICU.  She was small and so extra fragile to me with all those tubes and gadgets connected.   When I finally got to hold her for the first time several days after her birth, I cried.  I still remember how I felt sitting in that chair and tear up now as I type just thinking about it. 

Although her beginnings were a little rocky, she has thrived and grown into such a beautiful and spirited girl.  It's amazing that she's already eight and now a full-fledged baptized member of the church.  Ryan had the great honor and opportunity of baptizing her last month on January 7, 2012, with so many family and some good friends there to support her.  It was an extra blessing that her little cousin, Lily, got to share this special baptism day with her.  They were only born a week apart.

Rowan Sue Brown and Lily Sue Berrey, both proudly carrying their Great Grandma Sue's name, just before they got baptized at the Lehi Stake Center on Saturday, January 7, 2012
Here they are together at Rowan's birthday party
Rowan with her school friend, Ava Driggs

Grandma Cheri came to the movie with us (The Chipwrecked movie) and helped me transport the kiddos







Ryan, Rowan, Lily and J.R.
Rowan's Aunt Jayme made her this cute candy poster for her baptism.

During Christmas break, we had our Weaver cousins in from Washington visiting for their Aunt Cami's wedding.  So we decided to have Lainey & Avery over for a sleep over, then the next day the Weaver boys, cousin Lily and friend Ava all came over and we went to the movies for Rowan's birthday.  We picked up Ned's Crazy Sub and ate cake afterwards for the best impromptu birthday party ever!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome - time flies faster and faster - she looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete