Thursday, February 2, 2012

What We Do

I carved a few minutes out of my day and caught up on some good blogs I love.  It's been a month I think since I've logged in.  I've missed the reads.  Lots of inspiration, lots of things to relate to.  Some new ideas now forming in my already packed brain and some new goals for next week.  I think it's fantastic that we write and share and think and struggle and succeed together.  Thanks to my blogging sistas for your inspiration.

It's been a great and busy month for our crew.  We somehow managed to get away to Colorado for our week of skiing after working our tails off and burning the midnight oil the entire week before.  It seems like we have to work double time in order to take vacation, and then work double time catching up when we get back.  Crazy how that works.  But it's always that way with us, especially being dual-career parents and running a business.  But it was so worth it.

Our week in the cold country was wonderful.  Truly, it was the best of both worlds spending the first half of the week with our kiddos on the slopes, creating amazing memories, then skiing the last half with our friends.  I was completely beaming with joy as I watched our two littles cruise down the slopes at full speed on their second day.  They learn so fast.  And the big girls - wow, was I impressed.  This is only their second year skiing and they did so great.  Ryan and I talked a lot about all the fun years ahead we're going to have with our kids.  They are at such fun ages and I know it's just going to keep getting better.  Anyway, the kiddos flew home with Grandma Cindy on Wednesday after being with us in Beaver Creek for 5 days, and then we picked up our good friends, the Binghams, who stayed with us the last three days.  And that was a total blast too.  I can't remember the last time I laughed so much.  The skiing was great.  I did the superpipe 5 times (scary) and played in the terrain park at Copper Mountain all afternoon one day.  Yes, I am a big 40 year old kid.  And I loved it.

I have tons of great pics to share (some already posted on FB), and sometime they might actually make in on this blog.  We'll see.  But suffice it to say that the vaca was nothing short of perfect.  The condo was amazing, the weather was great, the company was unbeatable.

Now we're getting ready for another cool experience.  Ryan and I are leaving tomorrow for Sedona so that I can run in the Sedona Half Marathon. I'm excited and a little nervous for the hills and the elevation.  Looking forward to the time with Ry and the amazing scenery on the runs and the opportunity to chalk up another life experience.  I've been running in the cold and chalking up the miles. Wearing down my treads.  Loving life.  Last night I went running after work, which is not my norm (I'm usually the crack of dawn girl), but since Barrett had her ortho appt at 7:00 yesterday, that was my only option.  It was fun running with Rowan alongside on her bike, keeping me company.  She's so dang cute.  I just wonder what she'll be like when she grows up.  She's excited about ball season, but truly, I don't sense the same "drive" with her as I see with the others.  Maybe it's just too early to tell.  She really wants to do gymnastics and maybe I should just give in and sign her up already.  She'd probably be fantastic with that cute little athletic build and all.

I threw BP to all four kiddos on Tuesday afternoon at the retention basin.  Spring ball is upon us and it's time to get ready.  I must admit that I was really proud of all of them.  They are hitting the ball so well, especially the big girls.  But so was Easton.  This is his first year playing on a team - I hope it goes well.  We still need to play a lot of catch and break in his glove some more.  It's going to be another busy spring for sure with four kids on four team playing 2 games a week at 3 different parks.  But that's just what we do, right?

1 comment:

  1. That is what we do and those that don't do not get it but I wouldn't trade it - so many life lessons are learned through sports and so many memories are made at vacations so all that double time is worth it.

    ReplyDelete