Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter

Our Happy Easter Pics

Somehow the Easter Bunny just knows to make a special stop by the Brown house on Saturday morning during his last minute rounds of prep for the big drops on Sunday.  But we like it that way.  The littles were concerned that he might not remember (even though he's been coming to our pad on Saturday for years) and urged me to send him an email.  Unfortunately, I told them I wasn't sure he was that techno-savvy, but hoped that he'd find his way back to our house this year.  

The kids woke up early on Saturday, pretty weary-eyed from a long week of late night ball games and too many shortened nights of sleep.  Since Buddy Boy had a game at 8:00 and the hidden eggs just apparently could not wait until later, they were all up at 6:30 scrambling to see how much hidden loot they could discover and pile into their baskets.   

The big bunny man must have seen some economic recovery during the past year, since he filled our kids' eggs with a bunch of quarters and chocolate eggs.  Jackpot.  I think Afty's haul topped the list at nine dollars and change.  Not bad for 15 minutes of work (if you can call it that).

The rest of our Easter Saturday was fantastic.  After Easton's ball game and a few chores, the kids went swimming in the ice pool while dad and I enjoyed a little sunshine and reading.  Us oldies weren't quite ready for the chilly plunge.  Let's give it another month.  The Brown/Hawk extended family Easter get together followed that afternoon out in Queen Creek with lots of cousin time, swimming, another egg hunt, early dinner and good times all the way around.  It was great seeing Ryan's Great Uncle Keith, even though it's so hard to see him getting so old and now largely unable to speak.  I have such a soft spot in my heart for him.  I've always loved him a little extra.

Ryan and I took off from the family shindig a little early to head to the Sun's game with some friends from my office.   We had the suite that night, which is always nice, but truth be told...after sitting in Francis' floor sits a handful of times, nothing else really compares.  Of course we still had a great night and enjoyed the company and free eats.  Plus, the Suns beat the Lakers by a landslide.

Easter Sunday began with 9:00am church, which was nice.  My mom and I sang in the choir and Barrett sang with the YW.  The program was great and the kids and Ry indulged me with a few pics afterwards.  Aren't they so beautiful?







We finished out the day with late lunch at my folks' house with all the Teeples clan, followed by dinner at Morgan & Jessie's with Ryan's fam.  Lots of fam.  Lots of food.  Great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment