Friday, November 12, 2010

Top 3's

I have a bunch of fantastic ideas forming in the mass beneath my crazy head of highlights. All kinds of memories. So many unwritten treasured remembrances and traditions and loves... and pictures stacked in boxes from days gone by, just begging to be scanned. Memorabilia to tie in. I'm just not sure when the "season" will be ripe for me to put it all together in my oft-imagined Book of Life like I've schemed. It's gonna be a fabulous life history book someday. I can feel it. he he. But until then, I'll just keep plugging away at my blog and our scrapbooks here and there, keeping track of our highs and lows, our comings and goings, my thoughts about this and that. And a few other things. Maybe someday I'll pull it all together for publishing.

So today I was thinking about some of my top 3's. (That's one of the sections of my imagined book by the way.) Here are some of them:
  • 3 candies I love: sour jelly bellies, Hot Tamales, cinnamon bears
  • 3 colors I wear most often: black, aqua, hot pink
  • 3 vacations I've loved most: Kauai 2009, New York 2000, Park City 2010
  • 3 things I need to work on: daily scriptures, less snacking, saying "yes" more
  • 3 things I'd like to do more: read, sew, play games with my family
  • 3 games I love right now: Rook, Ticket to Ride, Take 2
  • 3 stores I spend too much money in: Costco, Old Navy, Michaels
  • 3 things I love to shop for: shoes, running clothes, fabric
  • 3 ways I usually wear my hair: flat ironed straight, big curls, ponytail
  • 3 places I often frequent for lunch: Rubios, Safeway Deli, Blimpie
  • 3 things that make me crazy: a messy house, un-gratefulness, whining
  • 3 favorite family vacation spots: Carlsbad, Rocky Point, Cabin
  • 3 things I rarely do: drink soda, get on the scale, sleep in
  • 3 things I hate to be without: cell phone, toothbrush, lipstick
  • 3 indulgences I deeply enjoy: fresh donuts, graham crackers & milk, ice old cream soda
  • 3 favorite dining spots for "family night out": Red Robin, Islands, Someburros
  • 3 places I want to go: Nauvoo, Grand Caymans, Alaska
  • 3 hard things I might do someday: run a marathon, publish a book, pay off our house
  • 3 things I'd like to be when I grow up: a professional photographer, 100% self-employed, the best grandma on the planet (although that position has already been filled)
  • 3 things I love about my life right now: my romantic husband, being a mom, living strong
  • 3 things that simplify my life: my mom, the gospel, my suburban
  • 3 favorite hobbies: running, scrapbooking, photography

2 comments:

  1. We are nearly identical in so many ways. Let's do lunch or dinner or Camelback soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... A couple new things I learned in this blog.. That is absolutely why I love reading them! However I am glad I knew most of your 3s. I'm ready for Grand Caymans whenever you are, baby:)

    ReplyDelete