Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

I know, she's a little too cute for spooks. Six years old going on sixteen. Check out those eyelashes! Love them. Wish I had them. Rowan seriously loved dressing up like a rock star this year. She's all about the glam anyway, so this get up was so her.


Our little Spidey...trying his best to look tough, but really just looking cute.


Afton sported the only "scary" costume in our family this year, and she did a pretty good job of it at that. My little almost-three-year old niece, Jolie, wasn't too thrilled when Afton came by.

I'm not exactly sure what Barrett was supposed to be, but she made this cute tu-tu in Activity Days last month and she wanted someplace to wear it. So she jazzed it up at home by adding several pieces of black tule to it, and voila...she had the inspiration for her costume. Originally, she was going to be a fairy (all in white with wings), but then she added the black, ditched the white, ditched the wings, crimped her hair and suddenly morphed into something more of an '80's rocker girl. So who knows, but she was stinkin' cute!



My niece, Jolie, and SIL, Jessie at our church Halloween party. It was our annual chili & fry bread and homemade root beer extravaganza. And a good one at that! We had a huge turnout, as always.


Our cute cousin, Lily, had the best costume ever! She was a walking glow stick. I'm not sure how many glow sticks she was sporting, but it was amazing. This picture doesn't even begin to do her justice. It was just so dark out by the time I snapped this pic, that the flash sort of detracted from her "glow." So cute! J.R. said he ordered a whole case of glow sticks off of Amazon.com to hand out for Halloween treats, but then they decided that this would make a great costume instead. Lily was a hit!

Grandma Cheri and my baby nephew, Dax, at the chili bake. I remember when Avery & Afton were matching lobsters when they were just babies. We made those costumes 9 years ago! Holy cow!







Barrett & her friends at the chili bake, all looking super cute!
My cute rocker niece, Avery, & blood-sucking vampire, Afton (best buds)

Here are all my cute nieces and nephews who came over to our ward party and then went trick or treating together. It looks like Afty was the only one who made it in the picture. I think Rowan, Easton & Barrett ended up a couple streets apart with the Berrey cousins and must not have reconnected with all the Brown cousins. Thank heaven for cousins! Ryan and I were still up at the church cleaning up the huge party mess until about 7:45, so we missed the trick or treating again. Maybe next year I'll be back among the civilians and take the peeps out. I did take Afton down one last street when we got home and we met up with our other three kiddos.

But everyone seemed to have a great night on Saturday enjoying all the neighborhood festivities. Ryan and I both crashed hard Saturday night after a very long day on our feet. We both ran long Saturday morning (I ran 10, he ran a full 13) then pretty much stood all day and night setting up, working the party, then cleaning up. It felt so dang good to put my feet up, I can't even tell you. Sunday (actual Halloween day) was good too. Church was great, followed by a relaxing afternoon at home (thanks for bringing over some left over white chili, Mom - it was delicious!), then a nice evening sitting out on our driveway with the kids eating popcorn and visiting with the neighborhood trick-or-treaters. Our home teacher and his kids came by for a bit too and shot a few hoops with our kids.

We live in a great neighborhood! Close to so much family, great ward, great people. Love it here.

1 comment:

  1. I love the ward chilly cook off! I'm bummed we had to miss it! Love your kids costumes!

    ReplyDelete