Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Saturday

Much to our children's amusement, the Easter Bunny comes on Saturday of Easter weekend. So today was the day. The big hunt. The hidden baskets. The loot. A great day in the life of a kid, no doubt about it. I have great memories of Easter morning from my early childhood too. And strangely, I still vividly remember one Easter morning that fell on a fast Sunday. I crawled behind my bed to sneak candy and then tucked the wrappers under my bed...as if the Big Man Upstairs couldn't see...And I felt soooooo guilty. Crazy guilty, but it was just too hard to resist. I mean, come on. A whole basket of candy at my disposal? That was just too much pressure for me. I hope I remembered to repent for that one :)

So funny the things we remember as kids. At any rate, the kids had a blast this morning hunting down their eggs and baskets. It was another good Saturday morning at the Brown house.

Happy Easter Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment