Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our Saturday Morning


Chalk up another one for Mr. & Mrs. Brown. We ran the 4.2 mile Pat's Run on Saturday and had a great morning together with 28,000 of our closest Valley of the Sun friends. Crazy crowded...I mean super duper crazy crowded. They wave started us by corral in 1,000 runner waves, but it was the most crowded race I've ever ran. Not sure why it seemed crazier than last year since there were about the same number of runners, but it never really loosened up that much the whole time. We were in wave 4 of 28 too, so we had it better than many.

But despite having to weave in and out of runners the whole race and throwing a couple of elbows here and there (not really, but I thought about it), we made it to the finish line a few seconds apart. Ryan came in ahead of me and we both were really pleased with our times (33:02 and 33:19), which translates to sub-8:00 minute mile pace - somewhere around 7:52 for Ryan and 7:56 for me. Hooray! This was by far Ryan's best race pace EVER and my second best (last year's Turkey Trot 10k was my PR).

We were both happy to support Pat's legacy and Foundation and run for such a good cause. It's always so cool doing a race. I love it. I love the ambiance, I love the fit people, I love the inspiration, I love the challenge, I love the competition, I love the sense of accomplishment when I finish, I love the time with Ryan. I was one super proud wife on Saturday. My hunk of hubby is becoming one lean mean running machine these days and I love that too. He's been running long a couple days a week (8-ish miles) and hitting the mountain biking trails, not to mention really watching what goes in his mouth.

I guess it's the basic formula for healthy living: good diet + exercise = fit.

I'm excited for a healthy summer and excited to work on some new fitness goals of my own. I ordered some new DVD's from Beachbody (same company that makes P90X) so I'm hoping that I love them. Time will tell.

Thanks to all the fellow Pat Tillman fans out there who helped make Saturday morning a memorable one for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment