Sunday, July 18, 2010

She's Got the Look


Our beautiful little six-year-old wonder has got herself a new look...

Really, a new look on life.

Hooray, she can see! We picked up her new glasses last week after returning from vacation and now she's sporting her look all over Mesa. Isn't she adorable? I feel so bad that her vision was so bad before. I had no idea. She never complained a stitch about it until just after school got out. Poor thing. Double stigmatism. But how do you know if they never say anything? I guess it takes a little maturity for our young ones to really become aware of their environment and the fact that things aren't as crisp as they should be. I just wonder what triggered that realization within Rowan that, hey, things seem blurry. Does it just come on suddenly? Is a growing awareness? At any rate, I'm so glad I took her complaints seriously and we got her eyes checked.

I hope Rowan adjusts to wearing them consistently before school starts. I'm sure it will be great to actually see the board clearly next year, what do you think? It's only been four days that she's had them, so her eyes are still adjusting. She's been pretty good about wearing them several hours each day, and I really think she's enjoying the novelty of it all. Everyone keeps telling her how cute she looks. And she only cleans them with her special new cleaning cloth about 10 times a day.

Kinda fun I guess. Her sisters have been so good to her. They think she's extra adorable now and keep telling her that. Kind of makes my heart melt.

2 comments:

  1. She looks adorable. It takes a little getting used to them, but then it's hard to get used to them when they aren't wearing them! I am glad she can see now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! She looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete