Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inspired

I seem to be soaking it in these days.  Everywhere I go, everytime I read, every conversation I have.  I'm soaking in the inspiration.

It's mostly little things...things I'd like to try, things I know I can do.  Ways I can be a little better, do a little more.  Ambitions I'm drawn to reach for.  Small projects I can't wait to tackle, organization I want to implement, fabrics I want to buy, things I want to cook, trails I want to conquer, visions of so many sugar plums dancing in my head...

But some things are big...perhaps bigger than I might ever chew, but maybe not so big that I won't try.  I think I need a big, ambitious goal right now.  Something to make me stretch.

I'm not sure why I feel so extra susceptible to inspiration these days.  Maybe it's because one of my 2011 fitness milestones is just on the horizon...now only 2 days away, and race season is in full swing.  Maybe because I got released from two of my three callings and I'm finding time to think.  Maybe because all four of my peeps are in school now, and I have a few extra hours during the week to  really accomplish things.  Maybe because I'm already thinking of the holidays and grandious ideas are sprouting.  I don't know, but I like it. 

I found inspiration helping Barrett sew her purse for her YW in Excellence program and now all I want to do is sew.  I can't seem to find any stretch longer than 30 minutes to do it, but I've been keeping my machine set up in my sewing/scrapbooking room so I can hop on when I find a few minutes here or there to stitch. 

I found it yesterday at my CPE conference as I reconnected with old Ernst & Young alumni and chatted it up with a group of fabulous professional women during lunch.

I found it on my Aunt's blog as she reminisced about all the Rim to Rim trips of years past...I'm so hoping that our kids will have the love of running and that we create many, many great memories together hiking and racing and running till I'm just too old.

I found it in my monthly subscription to Running as I devoured a couple of articles about some amazing athletes who overcame so much.  And then read the detailed blog postings of the women who broke the R2R2R record this spring.

I found it at the ballpark as I watched my girls play with gusto and again as I passed the same consistent group of early morning walkers powering their way down Harris...and as I picked up my Shot Blocks at the running store and talked with the guy whose recovering from a broken foot and back up to 35 miles a week.

I soaked a little in as I visited with all my girl cousins on the Teeples side at Cami's bridal shower the other night.  Such beautiful women, inside and out.  So much fun, so much love in that house.

I bathed in it as I sat at the kitchen table last night reading with Buddy Boy.  What an impact our consistent but short 10-minutes-a-night has already had on him.  Amazing how fast they learn.  Amazing what we can accomplish if we are consistent.

And the list goes on and on and on...

I have heard women say that they are "bored."  I've heard some talk about their weekends of mostly just watching TV.  I've sat on my red couch with a past visiting teacher who said she had no hobbies and just didn't have anything to do all day.  I can't even imagine.  My mental list of things I hope to tackle and projects to be done and works of awesomeness to be created and closets to be flushed and filing cabinets to be purged and life to be lived....I can't imagine ever being bored.  I hope I never am.  I like feeling inspired.

3 comments:

  1. wow - I think I am inspired :) Have fun this weekend I will be thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know we are all waiting for your Grand Canyon Post you inspiring lady you!!!!

    ReplyDelete