Friday, December 11, 2009

Going Seinfeld



Most of us have probably watched a hundred or more Seinfeld episodes in our lives.  At least I have.  Even though the show stopped running a decade ago or more, the re-runs are practically classics.  

Well...Ryan and I have this long-standing joke between us.  Whenever either of us puts on a pair of tennis shoes with jeans (especially when I do it which is a rare day for sure), we tease the other that they are "going Seinfeld."  Check out Jerry's look above. This is it.  It was Jerry's unmistakable signature fashion don't.  

Seriously...white tennis shoes and black jeans?  It's so awful it's just comical.

Generally speaking, I think I have a pretty decent sense of fashion sense and think that most of the time I'm pretty "with it" when it comes to my clothes.  And I can firmly say with strong conviction that I will never wear black jeans with white tennies.  

But today...today was one of my near-Seinfeld days.  Regular denim and gray tennies.  I knew that I would be on my feet all day and I really wanted to be as comfortable as possible.   Still, as I laced up my Asics and took a quick gander in the mirror, I smiled and said out loud, "Going Seinfeld."  But the real affirmation that my look was bordering Jerry's fashion faux pas was when Ryan came home, gave me a smile and the once-over, and then said, "Going Seinfeld, eh?"  We both laughed.  There was no doubt that he'd lay down the line, just a question of when.

So it's midnight now, and I've been doing the Seinfeld look since 8:00 am.  I'm finally sitting down and my feet are super tired.  But not nearly as tired as they would be if I'd just worn my trusty Roxy flops that typically adorn my feet.  GO JERRY!

2 comments:

  1. At least you look adorable in those shoes!! I love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...I'm afraid to go anywhere, afraid that you or Ryan will see me and my attire! My middle name must be JERRY SEINFELD.... . . . Oh, what to wear on the 19th??! Kelli, I could make my own casserole or if you need help making it all give me a call :)

    ReplyDelete