Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey Day...a few more pics

Here's our crew on Thanksgiving after eating a most magnificent dinner at my mom's house. Yes, we wore our matching Turkey Trot shirts. It almost made me flashback to 1988...the summer I was 16 years old and went to Disneyland with the whole Teeples extended family for a little family reunion. Some genious in our group back then (I honestly can't remember who), thought it would be cute if we wore matching red t-shirts at Disneyland. At 16, I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. I was a teenager, after all, and matching red shirts with our family tree on the back were not exactly my version of high fashion. How could you scope out cute boys in the ride lines wearing matching red shirts? We'd be waiting in line, and suddenly I'd feel a random finger on my back, poking around on our "tree" wondering which branch I was.

Nice.

But at least at this marvelous Thanskgiving Feast it was just family. And the whole entire youth church group from my high school (about 100 kids) didn't just coincidentally show up on the same day (like they did on that infamous summer day in 1988) and see me in my matching shirt.

But even if they did, this time I wouldn't have cared one lick. This time, I was actually very happy about wearing matching shirts with my terrific family. Amazing what 21 years will do to your perspective...

Easton, Rowan and Lily all tickling Tara in the lawn after dinner. They had a blast!

And here's Easton with our Davey, the cousin my kids just can't get enough of (probably because he lets them crawl all over him, they wrestle and laugh and have a blast).

Thanksgiving was great! And it was terrific to visit with all our cousins and family at Aunt Terri's house too. We love catching up with the crew, especially on the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I am sad I missed our family Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thanks for letting me call you like 10 times today for all your help. It turned out great. Thanks you for all your tips!

    ReplyDelete