Monday, January 25, 2010

Gifts from the Heart

I scrapbooked this page last fall. My beautiful and very talented niece, Randi, took these pictures of my very beautiful and talented daughter, Barrett, sometime last year. I copied the pics from her blog. In fact, Randi took lots of pictures of my cute kids and made me the most precious book for Christmas. She did in on Shutterfly. It is hardbound with a lime green cover, and features one very sassy and breathtaking picture of Miss Rowan on the cover. Here it is.

My book sits prominently on the black armoire in the kitchen, and I smile every single day as I walk by it. So Rowan!

On Christmas day when I opened the most perfect gift, my eyes instantly teared up as I turned each page. I am always the one making the homemade stuff in our family. Typically, I've been the photographer, scrapbooker, movie maker, calendar creator, etc., and I love doing that. Gifts from the heart mean the world to me. When my kiddos make me a handmade card or color me a heartfelt picture, I cherish it.

Really, I don't think anyone has ever made anything as special as that book from my dear, sweet Randi. I love it! And I love that Randi is only 13 and has already developed such a love for photography. She's got a great eye and talent. We gave her a "Flip" for Christmas (one of those portable video cameras), and she's already making her own movies on iMovie. Oh, Randi...you're a girl after my own heart!

Here's the full body shot from that fun photo shoot. Courtesy of Miss Randi. My amazing SIL, Shari, rounded out the day of homemade gifts with a beautiful apron she sewed (I love aprons and wear them constantly in the kitchen as my family can attest), as well as a homemade cape for Easton. It is a black superhero cape sporting a big red "E" on the back. Captain Easton! So perfect for a kid living in the midst of three sisters.

2 comments:

  1. Kelli,
    Thanks you so much for all you have said! it made both my mom and my eyes water! You are such an amazing/talented person and can do anything and everything! I love you so much and thanks for being so supportive! Thanks again, your amazing!

    Love,

    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to comment and didn't know Randi left a comment! I have to agree with it all. You are amazing and we are so glad we could finally give something back to you for all the great gifts you have given us. We look forward to many great homemade and personal gifts ahead. We cherish all of yours to pieces.

    ReplyDelete