Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Typical Tuesday and More


Today was busy. So busy. But that's just typical of Tuesdays at our house. Just to be sure we made the most of this day, we threw in parent teacher conferences, 2 sick kids, a computer installation at RMB, hair appointments and a Relief Society meeting into the typical Tuesday mix that is already jam packed.

You know, just to shake it up a bit.

The best parts, or I guess I should say "fun parts", of my day were my early morning run this morning in the wee, dark hours and my yoga class tonight at RS. Afty's guitar lesson was pretty good too. She's playing so well. It's really fun to sit in.

This morning it was cold and darker than normal - no moonlight, no stars, no sunrise yet. For the first time that I can remember, I actually felt a slight twinge of uncomfortableness running through my body as I worried about being alone in the darkness. It usually doesn't bother me since I stay inside my little gated community when it's so early and dark. I have always felt safe here. But as I ran around my first corner heading toward Kael, I found myself looking around more than normal, as if I was trying to scout out the bushes and cars parked along the road. Looking for something - anything that might be out of place. Anything that might cause me harm.

Then I had a distinct feeling - very clear and vivid - that I should turn off my ipod. I instantly obeyed the prompting and suddenly felt a huge peace come over me. With the music on, I not only was void of daylight, but also of my sense of hearing the sounds around me. Having my ears freed up to take in the sounds of my environment gave me simple comfort and the momentary flitters of apprehension flew away.

The run was good and I felt strong today. One of those days I could have kept running for a very long time. Unfortunately, I had to be back to help get the girls ready for school and let Ryan take first shift on the early morning ELP parent teacher conference. So I ran 4.5 and called it good.

And even though I am so tired and ready for a good night's sleep, I felt drawn to my iMac tonight. It was yearning for me to spend a little time with it in iPhoto, uploading and editing some recent prints. I'm so looking forward to my Scrapfest class this Saturday, and I always love going with some fresh new prints, even if I already have more than enough others to scrapbook (which I do). I'll never be caught up, but that's OK. I love bringing more pictures than I need so that I can go with my inspiration. Scrap whatever I feel like depending on my mood. Or have great pics to choose from in case I see someone else's layout that inspires me.

So here are just a handful of my recent pics (including the one at the top of the post), taken of my kiddos (unfortunately no Afty in this shoot) and niece, Randi, this past Sunday evening. I can't wait to pick up my prints from Costco tomorrow! I absolutely love the thrill of going through my photos fresh from the store. It's a rare day that I pull out of the parking lot without looking through every one of them first. I know, I'm a little crazy like that, but it's one of the things I love!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Kel,
    Yoga was fun, I might try it out more often. Rowan is getting so big! Her hair is so cute in that picture. Have fun at your scrapfest on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls looks super cute. Rowans hair looks absolutley gorgeous! Oh, and you missed getting your hair done as one of your "fun things". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. It looks like your photo class is paying off.

    ReplyDelete