Wednesday, June 23, 2010

D-Backs vs Yankees

It only would have been more fun last night if our D-backs would have pulled off back to back victories over the infamous Yankees. But they didn't. They held tight until the AZ coach decided to pinch hit for our pitcher, who, by the way, had gone 2 for 2 at bat and was maintaining the score at 3-2. But then it went all down hill in the 8th when our sorry relievers came in and the Yanks scored six runs. The Diamondbacks finally lost it 9-3. Tonight will be the rubber match of the series since the D-backs schooled the Yankees Monday 10-4. It was crazy how many Yankee fans were at Chase Field last night. It certainly wasn't half the crowd, but by the loudness of the cheers and the vastness of the Yankee apparel, I'd say probably at least a quarter or more of the place was filled with New York fans. If my Uncle Dale and any of his posse were there, certainly they were adding to the Yankee numbers. They've been NY fans their whole lives. Every one of them.

Still, we had a great time at the game. Thanks to my folks for sponsoring the tickets and inviting us to go. We had great seats on the suite level (Sec 217), sat with my folks and my Uncle Jim and Aunt Diane, and really enjoyed our night out at the ball park. I even ate a Diamondback Dog - my first hot dog in probably a couple of years. But it was so dang good. And I had fries, which were also delicious. And low fat, I’m sure.

Unfortunately, I think my hot dog and delectable fries were still sitting in my gut this morning as I left the house early for my run. I was a little slower than normal today - maybe due to the gut bomb, maybe due to not enough sleep, maybe just because - but I still ran a little over five miles and made decent time. I was inspired last night talking to my Uncle Jim at the game. He's getting ready for a marathon in late August in Park City and then the St. George marathon in October. Crazy stuff. 26.2 miles. I'm still not feeling the inner drive to train for a full marathon. I keep thinking that the itch might eventually hit, but I don't know. That's just so stinkin far. I'm kinda thinking the half marathon might just be my limit. Still, I wonder...will I ever do it? Deep down, I know that if I set that as a goal, I could do it. I'm sure of it. It would be hard. It might do me in. I just have to want it. But until that desires burns stronger, I'm just gonna keep at the usual training and start adding in my stadiums and hill training to get ready for our Grand Canyon Rim to Rim trip in September and my fall races that will be here before I know it.

As Nacho would say, "My life is goooood. It's fantastic! I love it."

No comments:

Post a Comment