Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quiet

I was starting to get a little worried. I haven't heard a peep out of any of my kids for the last twenty minutes. Seriously, not a peep. And the house is dead quiet. No music. No TV. No sound of toys banging around. Nada. Surely, they must all be outside. But it's too hot and it's not swimming time right now.

Nope, they're not outside.

All four of them are sitting/laying/lounging in the family room across the couches and floor, totally engrossed in their new finds. We went to the library today and checked out a big bag full of books. They seem to be in book heaven. I love it!

It's only 3:00, which means the day is just a little more than half over, but I've been going non-stop since I woke up. Working out, breakfast for the peeps, tidying up, taking Easton to his kindergarten testing, a little catch up at the RMB office, two banks, post office. The kids and I then went to JoAnn to pick out some fabric for the next sewing project: the towel in a tote. Their activity day leaders found the idea on a cute blog, and tomorrow is the day. Of course, Easton and Rowan want to make one too, so they each hunted up and down the fabric aisles and selected their own yard of fabric for their project. They are very excited. We squeezed in a quick lunch at Wendy's before meeting the contractor at our flip house and then hitting the library. I'm done with the car for today. So done.

We're now getting ready to head out to guitar lessons. I wish we'd taken the whole summer off of lessons. Really, I do. Barrett has a hiatus from piano for the month of June, but then she's back in July. If I'd been planning ahead, I would have canceled Afty's guitar too. Hmmm...maybe I'll give her a hiatus for July. We'll see. I'm ready for no schedules and less structure and less shuttling in this heat. Right now I'd like nothing more than to veg upstairs in my recliner with the fan blowing on me full blast while I indulge in a book of my own.

OK, back to reality. Time to get back in the car and crank up the AC. Now the two youngers are at each other again and the twenty-four minutes of peace has ended. I thought it might be too good to be true...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe next week sometime we can have Easton and Rowan over for a playdate. My kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete