Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rocky Point

Finally, the Mexico pics. Did I mention that I love this beach?



We literally had only been down at the beach for about 3 minutes before Lupex (our regular hair braider girl) spotted us. Yes, I guess we are "regular" enough that we know the beach vendors by name and they recognize us every time we come back. Rowan was so excited to get her hair braided! She always looks forward to that. Of course I had to take a picture of that, cuz, you know...I just had to. The quick video clip I took was even better. These senioritas fly like nobody's business. They are so fast, it's awesome to watch.

We're glad that Grandma Cheri & Grandpa Bob came down to Rocky Point with us. They both enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxation and got a ton of reading done.
This was Easton first thing in the morning on our second day there, standing outside on our balcony at the resort. Totally ready for the beach, jammies and all. The kid's got his bucket of shells, his diggers, his treasured piece of PVC pipe that he can't live without, his favorite red hat, and, of course, a football. What more could a four year old need at the beach (aside from a suit)?

Afty's partial sea shell collection. There's two more buckets full where these came from. Nice. Just what we need at our house, because we don't have enough sea shells. She's got them sorted by shape and size and high gloss factor, and of course by the ability to be used as a necklace charm.

I didn't even have to bribe them to hold hands. Seriously. Yes, I've got them photo-trained for sure. I asked them to scoot down the beach a bit so I could get rid of the slow poke couple in the background behind them. As they walked, I captured this cute shot. Man, I love these guys.

Our mini Bo Derek. I'd kill for those legs. Oh, to be six again! JK. I think 38 is great.

Who's havin' fun?


Just like most boys, Easton is totally in his element when he's outdoors. I love that he can keep himself so happy and occupied outside with just a shovel and bucket and a little water.

Rowan, Graci, Barrett & Afton: Our beach babes!

Me, Easton & Afty on the waterslide. We had such a good time! You're never too old to go down the slide, right?

Here we go again with all the peeps.


I think we'll do a few laps around the lazy river next. Again.


My beautiful Rowan and my daily mango. Isn't it just a work of art? Sculpted so beautifully by the "Mango Guy" that you hardly want to eat it. Not really. I sunk my teeth right in to this little piece of heaven sprinkled with lime, then spent the next several hours trying to get all the microscopic mango pulp out of my teeth. Just like every day. But it's worth it. You'd think I'd remember to bring floss down to the beach by now.



Ryan & Rowan on the balcony at Las Palomas after dinner.


One of our favorite traditions/indulgences: going out for Thrify Ice Cream after dinner. There are ice cream shops all over the place in Rocky Point, but our favorite one is down by the fish market near the water.


Barrett & Graci gulping down their Oreo Milkshakes. Thanks, Grandpa Bob, for the ice cream treats!

The was the last picture we took before we left Wednesday. The kids wanted to take one last dunk in the pool after we came up from the beach. Man, we love this place and love our great friends, the Ellingsons, who always join us south of the border.


Until next time...Adios!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are great! Mexico is such a blast. I can't wait to go again!! When are we going???

    ReplyDelete