Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Too much fun

The countdown is on. In 44 hours, we'll be in the air on our way to Park City for the July 4th weekend. We are all super excited.

As we wound up dinner last night, all six of us were sitting around the kitchen table and we started talking about our plans for the weekend. I laid out the general itinerary for the fam. I was only interrupted sixty or seventy times. It was twenty questions and beyond. Everyone was talking over each other. The volume was too loud for normal dinner conversation. Clearly, excitement was in the air. I fielded all the queries from the crew as best I could and we discussed all the options (there's so much to do) in hopes that we could build some consensus on which fun to have first. Really, everyone pretty much just wants to do it all. And how can I blame them?

We talked about going out for breakfast Friday morning after we land (I love eating breakfast out because I rarely ever do it and it's such treat), then shopping at the Gateway in Salt Lake for a bit. I love that place. Barrett is dying to get a few new delights for her wardrobe and I wouldn't mind doing the same. We're considering visiting temple square and checking out what movies are playing at the visitor center. Actually, I suggested the temple square thing and movie, but kind of got nixed. I think I presented too many tempting options up at the Club in Promontory and at the PC Resort that their little eyes are buggin' and the wheels are spinning. They'd rather go play. We'll see.

Easton came up with his version of the perfect first day of our vaca. "How bout we fly on an airplane, go to breakfast, don't go shopping, go to Promontory, go fishing, eat lunch, go on the waterslide and play at the pool."

Hmmm...not a bad plan from our four year old.

Rowan and Afton want to take the chair lift up the mountain at the Park City Ski Resort and have a picnic at the top on Saturday. We all want to do the alpine slide and maybe some of the other rides. We're excited about the big Promontory Foundation Beach Boys concert and dinner and private fireworks show at Promontory Saturday night (should be awesome), and of course for the parade and BBQ on the fourth. And then more fireworks on the golf course Sunday night.
Yep...there's much fun to be had by this Brown family. As Easton would say, "too much fun." It's been a few years since we've taken the crew up there for the Fourth of July, but we sure have some great memories of trips in prior years. I can hardly wait! Pictures to follow when we return...promise.

1 comment:

  1. I heard all about this trip yesterday during haircuts. It sounds like a blast! Have a great time and we'll see you at DA BEACH!

    ReplyDelete