Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just call me Aunt Kelli

Yep, I became an aunt again today. Two weeks ago, my SIL Lacey had sweet baby Eva (who I already love to pieces). Then this morning, my other sister-in-law, Jessie, had a baby boy at 3:53 am. They named him Daxton Tyler Brown. Cool name, huh? They didn't know what tey were having, so I'm sure it was extra exciting. Jessie was three weeks early, as usual, and she and Dax are doing well. He was 6 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long (per Morgan's text to us at 5:30 this morning).

Yesterday we had my nieces, Lainey & Avery, over to play for the day, so I got to catch up with Jessie for a few minutes at the drop off. She said she was having contractions and hoping that these were the real ones. She'd been busy vacuuming, walking - all the usual tricks. When we were out to dinner on Saturday night with them, Jessie told us very matter of factly that she'd be having the baby this week. She knew. She was right and we are so happy that he's here. And soooooo happy that, just like us, Morgan & Jessie were finally blessed with a baby boy after three beautiful girls.

I won't steal all her thunder, but Jessie's water broke yesterday evening just as Morgan came to pick up the girls and take them to Grandma Cheri's for the evening (he was on his way to the D-backs game with Bob, but obviously, never made it.) I'm super excited to go check out my new nephew tonight at the hospital.

That brings the total count to 10 nephews and 5 nieces for Ryan and I. Lucky us!

No comments:

Post a Comment