Friday, June 4, 2010

A zillion thoughts

OK...it's been over a week since I last logged into Blogger to write or to blog hop on any of my favorite sites. Every day I keep thinking that today is the day, but it never is. Today almost wasn't the day either, but I still have an hour left before my lids shut for good so I'm making it the day.

I have a zillion thoughts running through my mind and at least ten posts I want to get written before all the thoughts in my jumbled brain lose their mark and get buried by something new. Out with the old, in with the new.

We had company in town and enjoyed a family reunion (a separate post in the making). I have all kinds of random end of school year pics I should post. We spent four fabulous days in Rocky Point over this past week (another post) and just got back late Weds night. Yes, definitely a separate post. Of course I took a memory stick full of photos in Mexico. Because the photos from our last nine trips down there just won't suffice, right? We had such a relaxing time and yes, I am really really tan. Really. It's actually kind of amazing since I don't tan much.

Oh, I digress.

My mind is spinning with this and that. Thoughts about summer and planning meaningful activities for the kids. Visions of organization projects around my house. Cleaning. Always cleaning. We have so much going on with our businesses right now and are closing on another fixer-upper tomorrow and work is super busy and Ryan is leaving for scout camp for 8 stinkin' days starting tomorrow morning and we have my nephew's swim birthday shindig going on at our place tomorrow and I got a call to substitute on Sunday and now have a lesson to prepare and my office paperwork is stacked a foot high (maybe a foot and a half, actually) and we're meeting with contractors and there's a couple hundred apricots that have fallen from our tree today that need to get raked up and both of my visiting teaching friends moved while I was gone (seriously, so sad) and I'm anxious about Easton's kindergarten testing next week and I am feeling guilty because I didn't find time to work out today but still kind of OK because I squeezed in the temple before work and didn't mess up that weekly goal, and my mind is stealing away for seconds here and there to ponder the new book I started on the drive back to AZ that's begging for me to pick it back up and keep reading, and I keep thinking that I need to go empty my mailbox outside because I haven't checked it for a week and who knows what's in there, and, and, and....

Yep, those are just a few of the zillion thoughts running wild inside this tired brain. I'm betting that most of my fellow mamas have a zillion of their own thoughts that need sorting out like mine.

But tonight is not the night for sorting. It's time for me to go spend a little time with my hubby (who's hopefully getting close to done with his scout packing now that it's 10:33 pm) before he leaves to Geronimo. I've never been away from him for 8 days. That's an incredibly long time. I'm not excited about it. I don't think I would have been a good military wife. I can't imagine having my husband gone for months or more at a time.

But before I sign off, I do have one piece of super joyous news. Remember that traffic ticket I got in mid-March when the bicyclist collided with my suburban as I turned out of Harris Park onto McKellips? I vented about it on my blog, of course, because I was super frustrated that I got a ticket for that (here is the link to that post back from 3/16/10 http://themesabrowns.blogspot.com/2010/03/sour.html).

Anyway, I was so mad that I decided to fight it. I requested a hearing, prepared my case, presented it in traffic court yesterday (and did a mighty fine job if I do say so myself), and I WON!!!! Yep, I won. The judge even asked me if I had ever considered being an attorney after I presented my case. Seriously, how awesome is that? So I saved the $170 fine, avoided traffic school, and was victorious in my stand against stupid ticketing. My brother would be proud. He's one of those cops that doesn't give stupid tickets.

If the stars all align, I'll get some good vacation pics posted tomorrow. Or maybe just sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Totally proud of you, Kelli! Glad you fought it. I will tell your brother. He indeed will be proud. Look forward to the Mexico pics.

    ReplyDelete