Monday, August 8, 2011

Carlsbad 2011

Last week I was reminiscing with my cousin, Julie, about so many funny things from our lives growing up. We have a zillion memories together for sure. We were pretty much inseparable during the summer time. Our MO was basically the same most days: wake up, do chores, lay out by the pool, watch Young & The Restless over lunch, lay out some more, go to work at Dairy Queen for the night shift, go to a ball game, or hang out with friends. When pay day came around, we loved to cruise to Fiesta Mall (before it turned Ghetto) and shop for a new item or two to add to our wardrobes. We shared clothes all the time and thought we were pretty hot stuff since we had double the wardrobe of most kids since we shared. Jules is 2 years ahead in school although we are only 13 months apart.






Anyway, we started talking about our summers and beach camping and all the fun we have and the fact that we just happen to have an open spot for our upcoming fall break beach camping and voila! Julie & family are coming beach camping with us this year. Yahoo! We're excited. Anyway, I was thinking about the beach and realized that I've never posted our beach camping pics from this summer.






So here they are...many photo (in the singular, Jules, in honor of our cooky dads who long ago started the "no pluralizing" thing - one more funny thing we laughed hard about last week - and something that we all have just come to accept as normal in the Goodman world.) Many photo indeed (and this is just a handful compared to what I took).





Is he awesome or what?






Grandpa Steve & Grandma Cindy always love spending time with us down at the beach and at our campfires, but then they retreat back to Camp Hilton for the night. Nice.









Barrett riding the waves






Not-so-happy Boston (my nephew)







Rowan & Lainey loving the ocean


Sassy beach babes: Randi & Barrett




Makeshift volleyball net (sticks & string) courtesy of Bryant


Easton has more fun than any kid I know. I love it!




Michael with brother-in-law, Jeff Lee. Way to suck it in, Jeff!









Barrett, Randi & Sammy heading out for the waves





Randi & Barrett




I love this pic of my girls. They don't always get along like I wish, but I never doubt that they love each other and will always look out for the other.




Ryan & Barrett heading back out for more waves




Rowan & Tallin




My cute little niece, Eva, sacked out on the beach



2 comments:

  1. These pictures are so awesome. What a fun time you guys have. Also I remember looking up to you and Julie so much and thinking Young and the Restless and REading Cosmo was the only way to be cool. Funny how things make a big impression when little girls are so little. Also followed in your footsteps as a DQ worker. But Karrie and I worked the day shift (at age 8 i rocked those Dilly bars)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked in in a while, this trip looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete