Sunday, August 28, 2011

Officially In Training

August hit and training officially began.  Actually, we've never really stopped training, but now we're adding back in the weekly hikes along with the normal running and working out so that we can be ready for the big one next month.  R2R 2011 is just around the corner...less than 4 weeks now. We're all getting pretty excited!  Here's a couple quick pics from our Usery Pass Mountain and Wind Cave Hike a couple weeks ago.  We hiked 12 miles in 4 hours under mostly cloud cover and 85-93 degree weather.  Nothing to complain about for an August Saturday morning for sure...
Ryan and I about half way around Pass Mountain, just pausing for a quick photo op.  We hiked with Uncle Dale, cousins Matt and Luke, friends Billy & Karynn Rowley, Penny Bauer, Pam Sarbo and Katy Vermillion.  Great morning on the mountain.
 Me at the top of the Wind Caves after we hiked the Pass Mountain loop.

Karynn & Billy Rowley - I'm super impressed that Karynn is going to be hiking the Grand Canyon with us next month.  She and Barrett are the same age - only a few days apart.  I hope that Barrett will have the desire to train and do it with us in one of the years to come.  Hopefully next year...hint, hint...

The weekend before last, Ryan and I got away for our anniversary and spent the weekend in Scottsdale at a resort.  We had such a great time together...going out to eat at some fun new places, hanging by the pool, relaxing, hiking Camelback Mountain together, going out for breakfast, shopping at Fashion Square.  Here are just a couple shots from the top of Camelback.  It's a good, short hike (only about 4 miles roundtrip starting from the car on Invergorden), but it's still a true climb reaching the peak.  It had been a few years since I'd been up Camelback and we really enjoyed it.  I also enjoyed the big french toast, eggs & sausage breakfast afterwards :)  Did I mention that we went out to eat a lot???

I love this guy.  I love that he's my hiking partner, in addition to being my best friend and love of my life.  It's all good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment