Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hooked

I did it. Finally. Now I am no longer among the small minority of women who haven't read the famed vampire love story.

After much prodding, encourgement and insistence by my 11-year old daughter (who read all four books in the series last month), coupled with the fact that we had three days away at the cabin, I finally decided to give it a whirl. I started it Thursday afternoon after lunch, and finished Saturday before lunch.

I have to say, I loved it! I never could understand all they hype about a vampire book (I never read in the fantasy genre), but it was really well written and kept me on the edge of my seat. I guess it's New Moon for me now...it's inevitable. I have to find out what's in store for Edward and Bella...

I'm hooked.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Knew it. The last book is the best. I read them in one day each. Beat that! Of course, I totally ignored my kids but somehow made dinner while reading. Multi tasking at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally. Let me know when you return from Forks and start eating again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun reading. I enjoyed the series. But you are doing it the right way cause you don't have to wait for any of the books to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't fallen yet. The minority is shrinking, but I think it won't be long before I cave and read 'em.

    ReplyDelete