Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break in Strawberry

Our three days in Strawberry couldn't have been much better. We played with cousins, loved the outstanding weather, enjoyed the great outdoors, and created some terrific memories with our family. A huge thanks to my SIL, Jessie, for inviting us up to their family cabin to join in their fun.

My beautiful niece, Lainey, playing outside at the cabin

We played a little ball, of course...

The kids explored the streams and creeks...

Avery & Afton are not only cousins, but also the best of friends. They were born just one month apart, and love spending time with each other.


My youngest niece, sweet Jolie, cracked me up all weekend. She's almost two and a half, so it's only right that she's totally talking, but she's just so petite. Every time she speaks, it almost makes me do a double take hearing such sweet clear words come out of her tiny body. She's such a doll. And Miss Jolie was soooooo good on this trip. I don't think I heard her cry once the whole time we were there. She sings, recites her ABC's, prays, and says all kinds of funny stuff to make us laugh.

Such a beauty.

We played tons of games. The kids played Sorry and Uno. I joined in a for a couple of games of Clue (I won both), Take 2 (Ryan cleaned house), Questions (I stink at that game since I can't keep a straight face), and a new for our family, "Hodgie Podgie." It's kinda silly, like a game you'd play up at girls' camp, but I have to admit, we laughed hard and I got asthma!
Barrett was the Craft Queen. I was very impressed. She bought some supplies from the dollar store and Michael's with her own money (and a brought a few things from home), so the kids could all make visors and bookmarks. They set up shop in the Arizona Room and went to town. So fun. Hmmm....I wonder where she gets her crafty flare? JK. Sometimes I think she's a mini-me.

We visited the llama and goat farm and let the kids enjoy the animals.


The girls weren't sure about letting a llama eat off their hands, but once they finally built up the courage, they realized that they were pretty harmless.


Easton feeding the goats



Jolie was soooo cute wtih the animals!


Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast at Nifty 50's diner in Pine. Holy Moly - their pancakes are bigger than your face! It was a tasty meal, and fun to get out and do something out of the ordinary. I never go out for breakfast!

Rowan & Ryan at Nifty 50's

Can't wait to head back up to the mountains soon for some more fresh air, outside fun, good food, games, leiusurely reading, and relaxation! We're hoping to spend a lot of time up in Pine this summer!

3 comments:

  1. Great pics. You should be able to change the posting date and time. It might be hard to find, but look for it near the bottom of your post box during editing. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT TIMES, GREAT MEMORIES. ALSO SOME GREAT PICTURES. (IM TOTALLY STEALING THEM.) Thanks for coming with us. It was way more fun with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Looks like it was so much fun! I am glad you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete