Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 1


On the first day of Valentine's, my true love gave to me...

a box of sour jelly bellies!

The first year that we were married, Ryan started the tradition of doing the 14 Days of Valentine's with me. That year, I was surprised to find a little purple cut out heart on my bed on February 1st. I had no idea what it was all about, until about 3 or 4 days into February when it hit me that I was getting a little something special every day. Sometimes it was a small gift, some days a small act of service. Some days a fun date or a massage or foot rub. But every day, Ryan made an effort to do a little something extra for me to let me know how much he loved me. Isn't he romantic? I think I'll keep him :)

Well...14 years of Valentine's Days later, and the tradition is still alive. He hasn't missed a year. My friend at work, Richard, jokes that all of the guys hate Ryan because he's making them look bad. I just smile and tell him to step up. Make your wife grin ear to ear this Valentine's Day. Do something out of the ordinary to let her know how much you love her.

That's actually good advice for all of us gals, too. Let's step it up this Valentine's Day and let our men know that they rock our world!

2 comments:

  1. I know, that is seriously so awesome that he does that for you. He should give all these men a lesson!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Jim about Ryan and he just smiled...BIG!! I'm stepping up, THANKS for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete