Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My New Do

Yes, this is a super high quality self-portrait taken with my iphone just now at my desk at work. I'm getting ready to leave to pick up the kiddos. But last night as I left Tantrum, Jayme (my stylish SIL and ever-so-fabulous hairdressor) said, "This is blog worthy. I expect to see pictures on your blog." So here it is. The new hair-do. Many many inches chopped and gone. I was ready for a change. Gone are the long locks. Gone is the ponytail. But my hair grows like weeds, so if I decide I want it back again, I could have it long by Christmas. Not sure I'll want it back by then, but nice to know it's an option.

I'm pretty sure my hot hubby isn't crazy about the new look. Don't get me wrong - he'll love me no matter what and has been doing this married thing long enough to know that you don't tell your wife that she looked better the other way. He's good like that. Still, when I walked in the door last night all glammed up after Jayme's expert blow dry and flat ironing job, his reaction was, "Wow." Silence. "So, are you just getting ready for summer?" And that was it. No, "You look beautiful!" or "I like the new look." or anything like that.

But that's OK. Really, it is. All I really need is to put on some cute jeans and killer stilletos on our next date and he'll be putty in my hand. My man is a shoe man for sure. He loves it when my toes are painted and my heels are on. I get dressed up for just about every date we go on. I think it's important to look pretty for our husbands (and for ourselves of course - that goes without saying). It shows them we love them, that we are excited to be with them, and that going out together is important.

I have never ever ever been one to fuss about my haircuts either. Maybe because I've always had an awesome stylist (Jayme) who I trust completely and who always seems to make me happy. And then there's that whole growing thing again. If it's a little too short, I know it will grow. No worries. But last night, I left saying, "I love it!" and I really do.

Short. Sassy. Blonde. Me.

Pair the new Do with some huge hoops or dangly ear candy, and call it good.


4 comments:

  1. Oooh. I really love it! I love it flat ironed and sassy. keep it. you look sophisticated and classy. (you always were anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, i really like the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this in person on Sunday and it is super cute. I may go shorter on my next do. My hair grows pretty fast too, so really what is there to worry about? You will be my inspiration next haircut I get!

    ReplyDelete