Friday, February 19, 2010

Top 3 iPhone Pics of the Week


My little man loves to help me out at home, especially when I'm cooking. One of his specialties is shucking corn, so I try to let him do it whenever possible. He feels so grown up. Look at that grin! I was smiling behind the camera too.

Rowan was thrilled with her last Valentine's Day gift from her dad: a set of walkie talkies. All afternoon on Sunday the kids played with them. They wanted "code names" for the airways, and after a bit of brainstorming, decided on Heartbreaker 1, Lovergirl, Roxy, & Romeo. I think Cupid and Juliette were in the running too. Too funny. Anyway, it was Rowan's turn to be in charge of FHE on Monday night, so she asked if I could help. Of course. But she pretty much had it all planned out already. She wanted to use her new walkie talkies and go on a scavenger hunt in teams. So she and I came up with a super fun scavenger hunt that sent the fam on a hunt around the house (all centered around the family - read a paragraph from The Family Proclamation on the wall, read a certain scripture on families that pray together, sing a verse of I Love to See the Temple, tell Rowan something they love about her, etc.), and ended in the living room for family prayer. Afterwards, we loaded up in the suburban and headed to Golden Spoon (picture above) to use our 13th day of Valentines gift cards that Dad had left on each of our beds. What a great night that was!


Ahhhh...and this is last night at 8:30. I was busy making some thank you gifts while multitasking with the Half Pipe Event in Vancouver, Barrett was finishing her homework, Ryan was on his way to softball, and Easton & Afton were sneaking in some TV upstairs. And here lay Rowan...fast asleep on the chair next to me, complete with her blackout mask and cheetah blanket. So Rowan. Wish that was me!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Rowan. How cute. Looks like you are having fun and I love the new haircut. I always debate if it is better to have short or long hair for the summer. Let me know how the short hair does in the summer.

    ReplyDelete