Thursday, February 4, 2010

Riverdance

Moms shouldn’t be hard to shop for. Especially my mom who loves most of the same stuff that I love. Clothes, shoes, jewelry, house stuff, etc… But for some reason, I often have a hard time picking out the perfect gift for my mom. Maybe because I love her so much and want to really let her know that, I feel like I’m always on the hunt for the perfect thing and nothing quite seems to do. Of course, I made the homemade picture calendar again this Christmas, and that is always something I love to do. I think she loved it too. Who doesn’t love looking at their gorgeous grandkids plastered on the fridge every day, right? And I found a cool pan she wanted (maybe not exciting to all, but to us kitchen lovers it was cool.) But still, I wanted to do something else. Something fun. Something out of the box.

Then I decided that really, the best gift I could give my mom was the gift of time together. So I googled (what I always do) and researched and found a handful of great shows that we could go see together. Finally, I narrowed it down to a couple and then decided on Riverdance. My mom had mentioned a few times in the past that she would love to go see it or Stomp or a Chorus Line or some other Broadway show like that.

This past Tuesday night was our night. We headed to the Mesa Arts Center for a 7:30 pm showing of Riverdance and were not disappointed. Oh my goodness! It was so amazing! Truly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any dancing that compared. The synchronization was perfect. The talent was unbelievable. The house was packed, we had great seats, and both of us were just overwhelmingly impressed with the caliber of the production. Sooooooo fantastic! And what a fun time to spend with my mom! No cameras were allowed, so unfortunately we didn't get any pics. But go see it if you get a chance. I think this is the last year of their world tour. You will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment