Tuesday, April 20, 2010

38 Cool Things

In the spirit of working on my personal history, I'm making some lists. Here's my list for today.


38 pretty cool things I've done...so far...through Age 38 (in no particular order):

  1. Visited Mt. Rushmore

  2. Enjoyed a Yankees game on their home turf in the Bronx

  3. Played on State Championship Volleyball team: 1988 Mountain View Toros

  4. Climbed ancient pyramids in Chitzen Itza, Mexico

  5. Snorkeled with giant sea turtles off coast of Lainai, Hawaii

  6. Drove all the way down the Florida Keys

  7. Stood on the Four Corners

  8. Ran half marathon (Time: 1:57:30, November 2009)

  9. Had dinner at Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo in Cabo San Lucas

  10. Ate lunch with Ryan in Central Park

  11. Married the love of my life

  12. Parasailed off beach in Cancun

  13. Passed all parts of the CPA exam on 1st try (1994)

  14. Walked through Arlington National Cemetery

  15. Gave birth to 4 amazing children, two 100% natural, two via C-Section

  16. Sewed lots of homemade baby quilts for friends and family

  17. Flown on private jet (lots of times...so awesome!)

  18. Stood under 100 foot waterfall in Kauai, Hawaii

  19. Jet skiied to land's end in Cabo

  20. Taken picture in front of the White House

  21. Finished P90X (90 day insane workout program)

  22. Graduated Summa Cum Laude from ASU (1994)

  23. Played in an all-through-the-night softball tournament (Heat Stroker) in Mesquite, Nevada (summer 1997)

  24. Watched Def Leppard concert from the 9th row (Aug 2009)

  25. Produced several movies on my iMac

  26. Attended BYU Women's Conference and been in presence of the prophet, Thomas S. Monson

  27. Cruised in airboat over marshes filled with alligators (Florida 5/03)

  28. Did the Tarzan rope swing in Kauai

  29. Skiied Park City, Deer Valley, Vail, Winter Park, Snow Bird, Alta, Sundance, Sunrise, Sno Bowl (I might be missing a few others...)

  30. Toured the Statue of Liberty

  31. Cried at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington D.C.

  32. Toured the Great Redwood Forest

  33. Visited the Grand Canyon (and I'm finally hiking it this September!)

  34. Officiated high school volleyball all through college (and did the state final match my 3rd year)

  35. Got baptized on Valentine's Day 1980 by Grandpa Harry and confirmed by Grandpa Reid

  36. Started working at Dairy Queen at age 13 (worked until 1st semester of college)

  37. Kayaked the Wailua River in Kauai, and in ocean in San Carlos & Rocky Point, MX

  38. Honeymooned in Maui

  39. Ran 10ks through the years in Turkey Trots (Mesa), Bolder Boulder (Colorado) and did Pat's Run this year


3 comments:

  1. All these are awesome! I didn't know you were going to the Grand Canyon? How cool! Oh, and I am STILL waiting for these amazing quilts you say you are always making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER, and you're just a kid!! We just got back from The Canyon today, Willie hiked it...I am still up (it's 2:30am...just you wait Kelli :) waiting impatiently for Van to get home from his Prom date

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always amaze me! I wish I had your adventurous spirit. I have been to....Pinetop,
    and hiked....Squawpeak. No boats or planes here. And I could never climb the Chitzen Itzen temple straight-faced. Can't wait to see what the next decade brings.

    ReplyDelete