Friday, April 30, 2010

They're Off to Father & Son's


My two men are off - on their way up north for the Harris Park Ward annual Father & Son's overnight. Easton honestly couldn't be any more excited. This is his second year going and he has been counting down the days. Even still, I'm not sure who is more excited - Ryan or Easton. It makes me happy to the core seeing the love of my life so thrilled to spend his weekend with our little man. They were both all smiles as they pulled out of the driveway embarking on their 2-hour road trip. It's gonna be a cold night!

Since they had the whole suburban to themselves, they threw in anything and everything they wanted, nothing sparing. There was no order to the packing - just throw it in. Man style. We'll figure it when we get there. Of course, I packed too much food for them and too many clothes for Easton, but would you expect anything less from me? I always slightly overpack - not too bad - but I love the comfort of knowing that there's still one extra clean outfit and a dry pair of shoes - just in case. And man, how many times has that last spare set come in handy! With kids, you just never know.

I hope they have a ball. Ryan let Easton plan 100% of the food and snack menu for the trip, so they are eating no holds barred for the next 24 hours. They'll live, right? Ryan gave me the shopping list with a smile, and I did not stray.

Dinner: hot dogs, cucumbers and dill dip, orange Doritos, and Sprite for the little man and Root Beer for the big guy. Nice. (Ryan actually brought a freeze dried dinner for himself so he could use his camp stove and be the real deal. Actually, I honestly thinks he likes those meals. That's what you get for being a scoutmaster I guess).

Dessert: s'mores and double stuff oreos. Oh, and peanut M&M's.

Breakfast: the bishopric is cooking it, but they brought some key lime yogurt (Easy E. favorite) and honey nut cheerios (again, Easton's request) just in case.

Snacks: you don't really want to know. Suffice it to say that no one is going hungry.

Can't wait to see the pics and hear the report. I'm sure it will be awesome, just like last year. Speaking of last year, here are 3 of my favorite pics from last year's Father & Son's campout (May 2009) at the same place:

(check out the dirt of this kid's face)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man...how fun. My boys went last week for the 1st time and had a total blast. Cohen keeps asking to go to the mountains. They froze though! But, they had a blast. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our ward went to the same place, hope they are not freezing!! Lucky you are to get photos. My hubby isn't a fan of photos, I've burned them out!

    ReplyDelete