Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday BBQ

Easter Sunday was wonderful! We spent most of the day watching the last two sessions of yet another fabulous general conference. I loved the talks. The recurring them that I picked up seemed to be on parenting today's youth and showing love and diligence in the home. So many good reminders. So much source for inspiration. And of course, because it was Easter Sunday, many of the talks were directly on the live and divinity of our Savior. After attending the Easter pageant at the temple last Friday night then listening to a weekend of conference talks, my spirituality hinged up a couple of notches for sure. What a great weekend!

Sunday late afternoon, we all (the Goodman and Teeples and Brown clans) went over to my parents' house to enjoy some family time together and a little Easter Sunday BBQ. Potluck style. The Easter Bunny doesn't come to our house on Easter Sunday. It's just too hard for me to try and let the kids make any connection between a candy-delivering bunny and the real meaning of the glorious day: the resurrection of our Savior. So we try to posture the whole Easter Bunny thing as a fun springtime tradition, which happens on Saturday. I'm not totally convinced that the separation is completely clear to the littlest ones, but after three or four explanations about the subject over the past few weeks and constant reinforcement about the real meaning of the day, I hope they get it.
Easton and many of the kids blew bubbles that they found in their brown paper Easter sacks (thanks, J.R. & Corinne for arranging the little egg hunt and treats! Big hit!)

Barrett & Grandma Cheri after dinner enjoying our most amazing weather!

Ryan with all his brothers and dad - what great men!

Ella taking her turn at the sunshine pinata (again, courtesy of the Berrey's).


The craze and mad candy dash after Barrett busted it open at the end.

My cousin, Ashley's, daughter: Lauren Aurora. She's almost three and such a beauty!

Cousin, Lily, and Rowan

I love these girls!

The boys weren't quite as thrilled getting their picture taken...

Gavin, Easton & Grady playing out back

This is the Afton smile that I love...the one that makes me smile wide in return!


Afty & Avery

Thanks, Dad, for grilling up some mean burgers and dogs for us! They were tasty as always.
My wonderful aunts, Krissie and Pauly! Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love conference weekend. We got to spend it in UT with Derek's sis and family, as well as take Ethan to the Conference Center for his first time.
    Maybe you've heard, my parents will be down there sooner than later! They close on their house here 5/10. I'll stay in touch with you as we get closer to Memorial Day weekend! My kids are excited to see their "Arizona Cousins."

    ReplyDelete