Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Course

I got an email from the "Run From the Sun" race coordinator saying that the course had changed. So I just pulled up the site and found the new course map. This is what I'm going to be running 23 days from now. We start in the HoHoKam stadium, make two loops around Mesa, mostly on canals, then end up by crossing home plate inside the stadium. This is quite a bit different from the course they previously published, but a lot less mileage along main roads which is very good from a traffic perspective. An no giant hill to climb! Previously, we were running up the Horne to Stapley hill on McKellips. Yipee! Maybe I should try this loop once in my training over the next 3 weeks and get a feel for the course. I'm excited. 13.2 miles, baby!

(double click to enlarge the image)

Course Description:
-Exit Stadium and enter canal on Center Street
-Turn South (right) on Stapley and exit canal
-Take Stapley to Main Street
-Turn West (right) on Main
-Go North on Center Street and enter canal again
-Repeat the loop
-Enter into stadium and finish crossing home plate

No comments:

Post a Comment