Saturday, October 3, 2009

My longest distance...so far...




I did it.  I ran 8 miles today.    Do you think the fact that I took of picture of my pedometer makes me a little camera crazy?  That's what you get when you mix a scrapbooker and a runner.  I just wanted proof for the record books.  It reads 8.264 miles to be exact.  (The extra .264 was the cool down walk.)  This marks the longest I've ever, ever run. At least until next Saturday when I'll be pounding out 10.  

I have to say it was not my best outing.  I knew at 2.8 miles that it was going to be a tough run.  I was already feeling a little winded and I wasn't even halfway.  Some days you've got it, and some days not so much.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to bed until midnight (which is the sacrifice I was willing to make to attend the Late Niter Srapbook class last night with Jessie, which didn't end until 11:30.  We had a blast).   And I probably should have done some carb loading like all the running sites suggest, but there was no pasta or anything close in my roast turkey ranch and bacon sandwich I had for dinner.   I did eat half a bagel before I hit the road this morning, but I think I needed a little more fuel in my pump.   Next Friday night I'll make a point of having Ryan take me out for Italian and I'll try to be in bed by 10:30.  We'll see.

I did stop to a walk for about 20 seconds 4 times during the run (twice for a quick drink and twice so I wouldn't die), but still, that's a helluva long way to run. At least for this girl.   One hour and 10-15 minutes-ish of running.  Who knew I could do that?  My heart rate monitor/watch gave up the ghost about a month ago, so I didn't have the exact time, but I looked at the clock before I left and again when I came back inside, trying to factor in my stretch cool down period.  It was exactly 1 hour and 18 minutes from the time I walked out to stretch to when I came back inside.  I'll take it.



These are the babies that carried me on my run.  Sadly, I got 4 blisters.  I'm still breaking them in.  I got a second pair to alternate with my other beloved pair about 6 weeks ago or so, and they are pretty much broken in now.  But I think my feet were extra sweaty, so the blisters came anyway.  Nothing too out of the ordinary I guess. Hopefully with a few big bandaids and a little time, I'll be golden again.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite, Kelli! Miss you guys~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Oh and you going from a 10 to an 11 is awesome too! I'll take you out for Italian anytime...

    ReplyDelete