Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dory: My Inspiration

I've watched Finding Nemo more times than I can count. I still cry at the opening scene when the shark eats all the fish eggs, save one. It's one of our family favorites. One of the lines that always sticks in my mind is when Dory is swimming through the ocean with Marlin, Nemo's dad, on the hunt for missing Nemo. Dory suffers from short term memory loss and plays a total airhead character in the movie (that's not the inspiring part). As she swims, she sings this catchy little tune:

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..."

Are you singing it to yourself now?

Well...almost every time I'm out on a long run, I find myself singing that same little tune in my head, just slightly modified.

"Just keep running. Just keep running. Just keep running, running, running..."

That was me Saturday morning. Just keep running. Just keep running....I ran 11 miles! 1 hour, 38 minutes, 53 seconds to be exact. I am getting pretty excited for the race. 27 days from now. Yahoooo.

2 comments:

  1. You are inspiring in several ways. Your "just keep running" analogy is just one way you keep going. You keep "running" your husband and 4 children. You keep "running" the Promontory project. You keep "running" the class A ward activities. You keep "running" in virtually all aspects of your life and I can't easily recall when you ever gave less than 100% effort for anything. Some of us will never catch up to you since you have "ran" so far ahead. That's ok, because you are so generous to stop to try to help a lot of us keep up. Thanks for the inspiration and keep running. We will all get there with you someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kelli. That is the same song I sang trying to get out of the canyon.

    ReplyDelete