Sunday, October 18, 2009

Too Much Fun

This is too funny.  Easton on the Tea Cups.  Push the play button and watch the G-force take over.  I was cracking up.  (For some reason, the video quality isn't great when I imported into Blogger, but you still get the idea.)


4 1/2 hours at Amazing Jakes.  Yes, really.  But we had such a blast (including me).  Barrett invited a few friends from school and church to join our family for a night out at Amazing Jakes to celebrate her 11th birthday.   We celebrated a few days early (on October 9th) since we were in Cali last week during her real birthday.  Here are some fun pictures from the party.

Karynn, Katie W., Katie A., Afton, Barrett, Miley & Rowan:  The party girls!

Most of the girls scaled the rock wall.  Rowan remembered how fun it was from her sports camp this summer at Freestone Rec Center.  She's awesome!

We're so glad that both sets of grandparents were able to join us for a little dinner and partying.  Here's Easton and Barrett with Grandpa Bob and Grandma Cheri.

Grandma Cindy braved a few rides, including the crazy fast roller coaster and the Go Carts.  She's a pretty good driver I must say.  I can't believe this picture even turned out.  I was in the car in front of her, and I just lifted up my camera and shot.  So funny.

Ryan was going old school with the video games.  Centepede, Ms. Pac Man, Race Cars.  (I think he was having as much fun as the kids!)



Rowan and I did a lot of rides together, including the roller coaster.  Yes, this is a self portrait mid-ride on the coaster.   Can you tell?


Of course, the little ones rode the carousel and loved it.  Forever a classic.



There is this Frog Hopper ride that Easton must have ridden at least 20 times.  Maybe more. He just kept getting back in line, over and over and over...  He told me he did it "one hundred and thousand times."  I even went a few times and enjoyed the tickle in my tummy with the 10 foot free fall.  

Easton and Rowan couldn't reach the foot pedals on the race car games, but they still thought they were playing.  That's really all that matters, right?


Ryan taught Easton the fine art of air hockey (one of my favorites). Rowan and I played too, until she got her finger slammed by the disc and proclaimed the "game over" amid her screams.  I guess I should have told her to keep her fingers off the table.  Ooops.  Someday, in our dream home with the full basement dedicated to family fun, we hope to have an air hockey table.  Too much fun.


Rowan even talked Grandpa Steve into going on the coaster with her.  Unfortunately, I wasn't there to witness it or get it on film.  But here's a cute shot of Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Steve with our birthday girl.



Barrett and lifelong friend, Katie.  Katie lives on the street just south of my parent's house.  We have known their family for 20+ years and just love them.


Aren't these girls just adorable?  Such fun personalities and such spunk.  I love it!


Miley and Barrett.  Barrett just became friends with Miley this year in Miss Kritzmier's 5th grade class, but so far, the friendship seems to be blooming well.  She is so funny and such a doll.

In case you couldn't tell, we had the best time.  Barrett loved it!  Happy Birthday to our 11-year old beauty!

1 comment:

  1. That video of Easton is hilarious. Looks like you guys had a blast!! Cute pictures. Love the mid coaster self portrait too.

    ReplyDelete