Monday, October 5, 2009

We've Got Spirit...

We've got spirit, yes we do.

We've got spirit, how 'bout you?

If you come to our house this month, this is what you'll see. Well, Afton might not be standing in front to greet you with her uniquely designed custom feather headband, but this is our front door. It's the doorway into Halloween Heaven. My kids couldn't have been more excited when I finally conceded and agreed to get the Halloween containers down yesterday afternoon. After much prompting. And pleading.

This guy is hanging from our ceiling right inside the foyer. He spans 8 feet or something like that. I skipped the bright green web overhead this year and just let Spidey hang solo. This is the real "centerpiece" of our little ghost and goblin mecca.

Mr. Twilight himself is hanging from the banister, with his lovely wife on the other side. But she didn't make the final photo cut this season. Easton decided that this little gem needed to be front and center when you opened the front door.


Speaking of our little man, here he is, flashing me the peace sign in front of our lovely piano display. We've got cackling witches, a creepy mummy, spiders, pumpkins, and two adorable frogs. Those are my favorite. They got their own picture.

Seriously, aren't they so cute? I can't remember if I got them at Orange Patch or Poppy's several years ago, but I love them. Barrett does too.



Barrett was dying to put candy into the Halloween buckets on our lit-up front entry table display (the lights don't really show so well in this pic, but they look great), but I said no. My response was, "No, we can't leave candy out in plain view and within every kids' reach all month long. You guys will just eat it at will." With a sort of "duh" expression, she said, "Ya, that's the point."

And while we haven't finished decorating outside yet, we managed to get a few spirited items hung yesterday. We think we'll wait on the rest until we get back from the beach. Ryan fears the neighborhood houligans might kidnap our ghost and hold him ransom. He's the scoutmaster. He should know...

And I should have taken pics of our upstairs. All the kids raided the leftovers from the Halloween boxes and decorated their rooms in some way. Barrett's room wins the prize. She has webs and spiders covering her doors and headboard, a paper ghost chain hung agross her room, and glow in the dark skeletons hanging from her ceiling. We even had black light bulbs in her ceiling fan last night, but they don't give off much light, so we changed them out.

And all of this was done while Easton played with the creepy noise strobe light, alternating between the wolf cry, creaking stairs, cracking thunder, shriek in the night, and evil laugh noises. He couldn't get enough. (But I have to admit that I love that toy too!)

We've got spirit! Thanks to my kiddos! Happy October.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH TO BE YOUNG AGAIN! I LOVE THIS SEASON BUT......SO FAR THIS YEAR, noThInG!!! BUT YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME....OLIVIA WOULD LOVE IT!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spider..That's the best. The frogs are cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got the spirit all right. That is some cute halloween decor.
    I have three halloween things out. And I think I'm about done.

    ReplyDelete