Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Early Birthday!


I haven't found a free minute to sit down and write these past few days. It seems like life has been in full throttle mode all week. Last night, we went to Amazing Jakes with our family of six, both sets of grandparents, and 4 of Barrett's friends to do a little early birthday celebrating for Barrett's 11th. Since we're going to be at the beach all next week and celebrating in a grand way with all the beach-going peeps (38 kids and 26 adults), Barrett wanted to do a little something with a few friends from school and church. We had such a blast! When we get back from the beach, I'll upload the pictures. Easton probably had more fun than anyone. He was smiling and laughing all night long. And Barrett sure had a great time. We were there for 4 1/2 hours! I know, crazy.

Today I ran 10 miles. Again, a new record for me. It was such a great run. I felt great. I ran strong. I am finally starting to feel like I can do this thing. The half marathon I mean. My friend, Kara Ellingson, who has run a couple of these races, told me that once I passed the 8 mile week, it would be easy. I'm not sure "easy" is what I'd describe today's 10-miler as, but it was good for sure. Unfortunately, I have been on my feet the entire day getting us all packed up for a week of beach camping, and my feet are now screaming at me. Really - screaming. I can hardly wait to go put them up and hit the hay. But since I had to take a few minutes to pay some bills and enter payroll, I thought I'd catch up a bit.

Since we will be gone on October 13th, Barrett's birthday (and also Aunt Jayme and Cousin Tate's), I won't be able to blog about my oldest babe's big day until we return. She is such a beauty. Such a good sister, good daughter, good student. Truly, a beautiful daughter of God. We've have really counted on her so much recently as she's now starting to babysit a bit for us. What a blessing that has been, even when I just need to run a quick errand here and there. I love it. And best of all, she has been so willing and excited to do it. Here are just a couple more quick picks of Barrett at two places she loves - the beach and the cabin. I'm sure we'll have many, many more great beach pics after this week's trip. Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment