Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School

My girls were so excited to start back to school today. New teachers. New Converse. New haircuts. New clothes. Unfortunately, no new backpacks (last year's packs were still in decent shape). Time with friends. After meet the teacher day yesterday, they could hardly wait for this morning to come. Barrett actually was awake with bed made and nearly fully dressed for school when I came in to wake her. That never happens. (We'll see how long that trend lasts.) All three girls are going all day this year. Poor Easton. He's going to be sooooo lonely without his best friend Rowan to pal around with all day (until preschool starts in a few weeks). Yesterday I asked the girls what they loved most about their summer, and this is what they said:
  • Beach Camping in California
  • 4th of July in Mexico
  • Big Surf
  • Nacho Night
  • Less piano practicing
  • Earning $ with Grandpa Steve mowing lawns
  • Kidz Kamp at Freestone Rec Center (they loved the Rock Wall)
  • More free time with friends
  • Staying up late
  • Swimming
  • Playing Webkinz

Sounds like a good summer to me! Here are a few pics taken this morning before school. I hope today is a great first day back.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Barretts hair! It looks so great on her! I am glad she talked me into doing it. I hope they had a good day. It was rough for me today. Trey started crying...so I started crying too. I left him crying and screaming! Hopefully tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Afton's long luscious hair! I always see it up at church. Love the converse too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Love Barretts highlights and haircolor. Way to go Jayme, our favorite hair stylist. Hope you all had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I think I have the most beautiful girls ever (doesn't every mom?) Probably because I know how beautiful they are on the inside too. And Barrett's haircut is awesome, Jayme. Thanks so much for cutting 5 heads for us last night. I hope Barrett's natural highlights last a few more months before the winter takes over. (Too bad I have to get my highlights in a bottle!)

    ReplyDelete