Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Weekend - elevator version (almost)

Like most weekends, this one was packed. Good, but packed.

Friday:
  • Girls to school, me out for a short run. I was sucking wind - too little sleep, a little too late start, a little too much food the night before. The summer has kicked my routine out the door. And unfortunately, only working out 2 days a week doesn't quite cut it - the muscles and stamina rebel.
  • Easton joins me for visiting teaching with Connie. I love her.
  • Fresh n' Easy (my favortie store) to stock up for the weekend. Easton is a huge help, as I'm sure you can imagine.
  • Home for lunch with Easy E. He's happy playing with toys, coloring next to me, and watching a movie for a few hours. I review management reports, pay bills, laundry, clean, respond to work emails, go through mail, etc. Basic Friday playing catch up.
  • Pick up girls from bus at 2:30, and chaos begins. Friends come over. Snacks are made. Volume is way too loud.
  • Cook dinner for my dear friend, Val, who had an emergency appendectomy on Thursday. Deliver and visit quickly.
  • 5:30 - Barrett out the door to D-backs game vs. Dodgers with Grandpa Bob (they ride the Light Rail into downtown and have a great time.)
  • 6:00 - Drop the 3 youngers off with Grandma Cindy, and Ryan and I head out for early anniversary date. Dinner at our favorite place (Macaroni Grill - where he proposed), then to movies to see "The Time Traveler's Wife." Liked it. I cried, of course. Ryan had suggested GI Joe, but happily let me choose since the anniversary is really all about me, right?
  • We ran into our great friends, the Ellingsons, at the theatre. Sat with them and caught up afterwards.
  • The rest of the night was fabulous too :)

Saturday:

  • Slept in til 7:30. Heaven.
  • Spent the day with Barrett - we had a mother/daughter date planned all week. Shopped till we dropped at Tempe Marketplace for cute school clothes. Had great success. I even scored some great jewelry finds.
  • Bridal shower for one of my former YW, Tawnie. She is so beautiful it's unbelievable! Saw lots of friends.
  • Nail salon (Barrett still with me). I got a fill, she got a mani. Good times.
  • Rescue Ryan briefly while he does errands.
  • Kids to grandma Cheri's for evening. Ryan and I to ward temple night. Temple was packed and apparently set a record for all time high attendance that date. I've never seen it so busy.
  • Ran over a bolt (yes, a bolt) on way home. Flat tire. Not good times.
  • Now behind schedule. Dinner is downgraded to drive thru at Filibertos (still tasty, and super low fat I'm sure), then straight to wedding reception for Carly Cook, another former YW, also so so so beautiful. Saw lots of friends.
  • Got kids to bed, then stayed up late writing a primary talk for Barrett and preparing for Sunday.

Sunday:

  • 8:15 am - 6 peeps off to church. It was great.
  • Subsitituted as the primary chorister today and loved it. We had a blast! So glad I got to come back the first week after being released from my primary calling. I love those kids.
  • Good lunch with family.
  • Ryan and I took at 1 1/2 hour nap. Kids only came in once. Sooooooo good.
  • Fingerpainting with the kids. Took pics (of course).
  • Cooked dinner - chicken fettucine alfredo, bread, salad, fruit. Everyone scarfed it down.
  • Ryan off to church meeting. Kids and I get baths and ready for another week.
  • Baked chocolate chip cookies with the peeps. Our favorite Sunday thing.
  • Mopped floor - Easton didn't quite make it to the potty :(
  • Played 8 games of Uno with Afton.
  • Family time - kids were wound but happy. All good (except for Easton's room. Holy nightmare. Thank goodness Ryan spearheaded that clean up.)
  • Kids in bed by 8:45 (a miracle).
  • Read for a while. Took a long jacuzzi bath.
  • I'm about to give it up. Too late. 11:45. Should have gone to bed 2 hours ago.

Tomorrow is our 13th anniversary. So happy and so in love...More to follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment