Thursday, August 6, 2009

Give it a Whirl



Everyone and their brother seems to have a blog these days. I've resisted starting one of my own for so long. I keep telling myself (and everyone else that asks) that I'm too busy or, more importantly, that I'm not sure I want to blog about my life and family in public. We were just talking at dinner on Sunday about how we really have so little privacy anymore. You can google just about anyone or anything you like with remarkable success. It's crazy. But it's the world we live in these days.
Truly, I am grateful for huge advancements in technology in my life. I love the digital world of pictures, the speed of the computer, the ability to create movies with so little effort. I love that I can be connected to friends and family all the time. I love to journal on my computer. I love to write. I love to scan and share my scrapbook layouts with family out of state (or accross town for that matter). So while I am still not sure about diving into the blog world, I've decided to give it a whirl. Hopefully friends and family will occassionally visit and check out some of our family's latest adventures, latest pics and scrapbooked memories. Once I figure out how to post links to my movies, I'll add those as well. That has been my latest passion since getting the beloved iMac two Christmases ago.
The scrapbook layout posted above is the one that I made 4 years ago (before I had my last child). I had entered a contest and was tasked with creating a layout about why I scrapbook. Although many others out there share my love for scrapbooking, not everyone understands the motivation for devoting the time.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! I can't believe it. I love it. I can't wait to see all your works of art on here. I miss you guys. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world Kelli! One more thing to add to your list :)

    ReplyDelete