Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chick Magnet



Friday morning:

I was in the bathroom getting ready for my day, finishing up my hair and makeup, thinking about the busy day ahead. Taxes. Bills. Laundry. Work. More taxes.

Easton strolls in, syrup covering his chin, big blue eyes wide open.
He stares at me a little confused.
"Mom, why are you snipping your eyes with the tongs?"

I laugh out loud.

"Oh, Easton, I am not snipping my eyes and these are not tongs. I am curling my eyelashes. This is my eyelash curler."

Apparently contented, he walks out.
2 minutes pass.
He's back.
"Mom, when are my sisters coming home?"
Me: "Not for a long time, buddy. They've only been gone an hour an a half."
He walks out.

1 minute later. He's back.
"Mom, can we go swimming today?"
Me: "I'm not sure, Easton. Mommy has a lot to do today. Maybe when the girls get home."

Back again - couldn't be more than 30 seconds.
"Mom, can I have a snack?"
Me: "No, bud. We just had breakfast. Are you still hungry?"
Easton: "Nope."
Pause.
"Mom, can we go to the dollar store?"

The thought occurs to me: Maybe he's bored. Ya think????

Thankfully, amidst all I had to do on Friday, Easton was a total trooper. He played happily, was sweet as can be, tooled around with me to Dad's office, bank, etc. and only asked about his sisters coming home about 5 more times before the bus finally came at 2:30. We can't wait for preschool to start in 2 weeks so he'll have some more buddies to hang with and some time to be with more friends, even if it's only a few days a week. He doesn't quite know what to do without his sisters around - especially Rowan. I think he's gonna love school. He's a real chick magnet you know.

Here are a few of my layouts from years past featuring my little man, Easton. I call him "Bud" most of the time in our day to day conversation. Because he's my buddy. No doubt about it.

(Double click on any layout to make it larger and read the text.)








1 comment:

  1. Can someone please get that boy some friends! :) I am excited he gets to start school soon...he will love it! Maybe one of these days he can come over here and play with Cohen and Grade.

    ReplyDelete