Friday, August 28, 2009

P.S. to Mind Over Body

I am kinda bummed. My friend LuAnn and I were talking yesterday morning after our workouts. She drove by my house after her 24 mile bike ride (go LuAnn!) just as I was cooling off from my run. We caught up for a few minutes, then talked a little about goals and races, etc, and I told her that I had just committed to running a half marathon. I told her I was leaning toward the PF Changs race in January. She then said, "That race is on Sunday, isn't it?" WHAT!!! I hadn't even checked the calendar to see what day 1/17/10 was. I just assumed it was a Saturday. But no. I was wrong. It's on Sunday. So there will be no PF Changs race in my future. I guess that means I'll be finding another half marathon race to run. I'll be on Active.com this weekend exploring more options....

2 comments:

  1. There's always the Turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast running that last year. I even got a picture with the turkey. I need to post that pic. Who else is doing the turkey trot this year?

    ReplyDelete