Sunday, August 30, 2009

We still rock!


In case you were wondering, yes - we still rock! Last night, Ryan and I had such a great time. We bought tickets for the Def Leppard concert out at Cricket Pavilion (fka Desert Sky Pavilion). What an amazing show! We had 9th row seats, so the view was incredible. And the sound. Wow - so loud and so clear. The place was totally packed. Cheap Trick and Poison opened up. Cheap trick was so so, but Poison was great too. They've had some real hits over the years for sure. They ended with their greatest hit, "Every Rose."

Def Leppard was one of my most favorite bands growing up in junior high, high school and into college. I think I've listened to the Hysteria CD a thousand times. And the great thing about the show was that they played all their hits from all their hit albums. I knew every single song. I was singing, dancing, waving my arms. Clapping my hands above my head. The whole bit. Truly, I was a rocker last night. And I loved it. We were in company with about 16,000 other rockers, so many of which were at least our age or older. Just goes to show you that the love of music never dies, no matter how old you get.


Thanks, Ryan, for taking me out on such a great date. I'll be sure to add our concert ticket stub to the wall of fame in our pool room. And maybe even this picture of us. After about 5 unsuccessful attempts to take our own picture together (cut off head, double chin, half face, etc.), the guy behind us was kind enough to offer to snap one for us. This was at the end of the show, right after "Pour Some Sugar On Me," the last official song of their play set. We were all cheering and clapping and yelling - the normal behavior to try and enlist the encore song. And of course the band obliged and came out for one last number. Rock of Ages. They couldn't have picked a better one to end on. What a great night. And thanks to Grandma Cindy for keeping the kiddos on our late night date, and for bringing them home and putting them to bed too! We appreciate you so much. Here are a few pics from the show.


Phil Collens - lead guitar & back up vocals


Joe Elliot - lead singer


Rick Allen (one arm drummer)

The band


Rick Savage - bass guitar

1 comment: