Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thinking Beach

I was talking to my friend, Linda, today about fall break and our plans to spend the week beach camping with Mike & Shari’s family.  We are so excited!  Beach camping is our kids’ most favorite vacation every year.  

Outside 24/7.  
Playing all day.  
Sun. 
Sandcastles. 
Waves.  
Boogie boards. 
Surf boards.
Camping. 
Snacks.  
Beach store.
Skateboards.
Scooters.
Seashells.
Campfires.
Smores.  
Cousins.
Cousins.
Cousins.
What could be better?  

We’ve never beach camped in October before, but we hear that it’s loads of fun.  A little quieter than during the summer, and a little chillier at night.  Bring it on!

So in keeping with those thoughts and in looking forward to a great fall break (even though school just started last week), I’d thought I’d post a few of my old scrapbook layouts from a few years back.  I love Mike & Shari and I love the beach.  And I like to go back and look at pictures from years passed, remembering how the kids looked and how much they've grown.  

(Double click on the layout to make it big enough to read the text).








These are a couple of pages from our Summer '06 trip to Carlsbad.



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait! Already counting down...and I think if was your kids list....The Beach Store would be at the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH, thanks for the nice scrap page of Mike and I. Who knew you and I would end up family?! Glad it happened! Beach, here we come.

    ReplyDelete