Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Almost 4

Easton's big day is fast approaching. Only four more days to wait until the Lightning McQueen pinata gets cracked open by a bunch of excited cousins enjoying the four year old birthday party of Easton Matthew Brown. Just about every night for the past two weeks as I tuck my little man in for bed, he asks, "How many more days until it's my birthday?" I tell him, but he doesn't really get the concept of time so well yet. So he immediately follows up my answer with another question, "Is that going to be a really long time?" Tonight, with only 4 days to go, I could honestly tell him that it's not going to be a very long time at all. It will be Saturday before he knows it. He smiled contentedly.
Without sounding too much like a cliche, I really can't believe that it's been four years since Easton blessed our family with his presence. I know that time seems to pass more and more quickly the older we get - no doubt about it - but it really seems like we just celebrated his 3rd birthday. I still remember the cake, the presents, the party. And here we go again. The really terrific part about this year's milestone is that Easton is getting old enough now to understand what birthdays are all about and old enough to anticipate his big day with much enthusiasm. He talks about it all the time.
Last Friday, he and I went out to do errands and tackle some things on my to-do list. Conveniently located next to Michael's, one of my stops, was the Discount Party Store. It caught my eye so we decided to dash in and scout out the pinata selections. Easton instantly spotted the one he wanted, then found some napkins and cups to match. All in the theme of the "Cars" movie, one of Easton's favorite picks. And then the bonus: the Lightning McQueen cake that Aunt Jayme is making for the party. She is so talented with her cakes - I can hardly wait to see it!
So in honor of Easton's upcoming celebration, I'm posting some scrapbook layouts this week about him. Here are some of the pages I really love. I'll share Easton's past birthday layouts later this week as well.


1 comment:

  1. My favorite is this last picture! I just love it everytime I see it! We are excited for his party. Hope he likes the cake!

    ReplyDelete